• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUBMISSION - FIRST TIME - i have so many issues i want to grade.
1 1

13 posts in this topic

288297533_sincity.jpg.86cc6e501c72c50efb941d6bce7c2404.jpgHello everyone, new to hobby of collecting comic books. 

have quite a whole lot "unopen" comic book  attained , have lotta repeats and doubles. many of them were sold as High grade, Mint, NM, Pristine condition and look quite nice  so hope to get lucky high mint condition from cgc official comic book graders  . i will write a letter to my grader about the submissions. NM, PRISTINE want to send in hopes of the highest grade. 

going to keep one or two of the issues for signatures .

when contacting distributor about comics i love and want to begin collecting i was explained that they cant guarantee a 9.8 or 10 but certainly their some might be higher grade then others. i went ahead and collect doubles, want triples, or quadruples to double or triple up getting a truly mint condition. i want to slab right away in the pursuit of the high grade i will save one or two for signature series 

ordered the shipping package, also i wish to stick to one grader for my collecting experience 

thank you and looking forward to updating with pics .Low grade  must be summitted with restoration option can i add that after grader takes a look if necessary?

additionally i have also collect 'United free worlds 1-7', 'kill or be killed', robert crumb magazines.

2103117796_violator23.jpg.a549ba5cd25c0a3e3601489f3a235956.jpg

violator 1 .jpg

scum of the earth.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 9:44 PM, flugazi said:

thank you and looking forward to updating with pics .Low grade  must be summitted with restoration option can i add that after grader takes a look if necessary?

As far as I can tell, this is your only question, so I’ll try to answer just this.

You may have other books not pictured, but if you are submitting just these books (and similar books) pictured, simply submit them under the modern tier, I’m not sure if modern tier has a restoration option but as a rule (with one or two possible exceptions) nothing after 1975 is worth the cost of restoring and then grading.

also, as general note, you are paying CGC for THEIR OPINION of the grade, so providing them with YOUR OPINION of the grade means literally nothing to them.  If they considered the customer’s opinion in the grade then there wouldn’t be much point their existence as objective graders.  But as far as I can tell, I guess it doesn’t harm anything.  

other than that, welcome to the hobby and best wishes on getting the grades you hope for with your comics.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, revat said:

As far as I can tell, this is your only question, so I’ll try to answer just this.

You may have other books not pictured, but if you are submitting just these books (and similar books) pictured, simply submit them under the modern tier, I’m not sure if modern tier has a restoration option but as a rule (with one or two possible exceptions) nothing after 1975 is worth the cost of restoring and then grading.

also, as general note, you are paying CGC for THEIR OPINION of the grade, so providing them with YOUR OPINION of the grade means literally nothing to them.  If they considered the customer’s opinion in the grade then there wouldn’t be much point their existence as objective graders.  But as far as I can tell, I guess it doesn’t harm anything.  

other than that, welcome to the hobby and best wishes on getting the grades you hope for with your comics.

Hey Thanks for the advice but what if it’s a 2008 limited series and it’s mint condition except one edge is aged.  To be exact I’m talking about United free world collection is pristine yet under magnifying glass I see aging on the edge of the bend. .. well I inspected all my violator issues and 3 of the 7 were really impressive to me in condition  I did not see any major damage to any sheet front or back or binding so I will submit those. I bagged and boarded all 40 issues and yea I have more I want to grade. Then I have a huge pile for restoration all 1990’s frank miller covers and violator issues aswell as United free worlds comic books with immaculate pristine condition un opened unread and unbothered .. except when under the magnifying glass I noticed slight decoloración fue to aging ..I got another question if I attain collection can I buy grader notes and high definition scans from CGC 🖲🖲 and let me know I’m a huge fan of restorations .

8F4F63DD-1193-4E40-A3C9-9A82F77E0644.jpeg

E8E9F110-C532-4565-ACBA-F9608DEBE28A.jpeg

DBD549B6-C0C8-4772-9A45-4752BD18FB6F.jpeg

DAEC84CE-F5AC-4101-A00E-79BC627D8EF0.jpeg

FAA02E81-16AD-49F4-A325-6DDFBB7292D9.jpeg

FE92C60D-FEF0-4C4A-B976-85D1D69C1E06.jpeg

4FC29710-22FF-45AA-A08B-B055C60DE3F0.jpeg

54063477-D154-40D4-8769-899C2FCF44B8.jpeg

544C8ADA-025F-4742-BC2A-3777BAD0DD61.jpeg

Going to libary first thing in the morning to print my invoice packing slip I have my first 5 ready to be inspected and graded by professional.  They are in the order they are in my invoice  and I did the exact thing the lady in the tutorial on YouTube did she placed the first two facing upward and the last two in the expanse tutorial facing the other two and says this is to protect the covers.  I hope this is all perfect 🤩for the graders to comfortably grade my comic books.  

What exactly is grader notes do they come in physical format 🇺🇸

I would love to leave greater tip I will also include some cash I have 🧐⌨️ I will  include more in future 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 7/20/2021 at 12:44 AM, flugazi said:

Hello everyone, new to hobby of collecting comic books. 

have quite a whole lot "unopen" comic book  attained , have lotta repeats and doubles. many of them were sold as High grade, Mint, NM, Pristine condition and look quite nice  so hope to get lucky high mint condition from cgc official comic book graders  . i will write a letter to my grader about the submissions. NM, PRISTINE want to send in hopes of the highest grade. 

going to keep one or two of the issues for signatures .

when contacting distributor about comics i love and want to begin collecting i was explained that they cant guarantee a 9.8 or 10 but certainly their some might be higher grade then others. i went ahead and collect doubles, want triples, or quadruples to double or triple up getting a truly mint condition. i want to slab right away in the pursuit of the high grade i will save one or two for signature series 

ordered the shipping package, also i wish to stick to one grader for my collecting experience 

additionally i have also collect 'United free worlds 1-7', 'kill or be killed', robert crumb magazines.

A few notes:

• "Unopened" and "pristine" don't mean anything when it comes to grading comic books.
  • Mint condition is 9.9 in grade. It's almost certain that you will not receive any in this grade, so I would temper expectations.
  • You don't know who will be grading your books, so writing a letter is futile.
  • Your comics will be graded by 2-3 people to reach a consensus. You will not be able to manipulate anyone into giving you Mint grades.
  • You can pay for restoration screening from CCS.

On 7/21/2021 at 4:07 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

A few notes:

• "Unopened" and "pristine" don't mean anything when it comes to grading comic books.
  • Mint condition is 9.9 in grade. It's almost certain that you will not receive any in this grade, so I would temper expectations.
  • You don't know who will be grading your books, so writing a letter is futile.
  • Your comics will be graded by 2-3 people to reach a consensus. You will not be able to manipulate anyone into giving you Mint grades.
  • You can pay for restoration screening from CCS.

Yes this all sounds like good advice. 
if you have specific questions about filling out the forms you should probably contact Cgc directly by phone or email, as everyone’s situation is unique

Edited by revat

On 7/21/2021 at 4:03 AM, flugazi said:

would love to leave greater tip I will also include some cash I have

image.jpg

I wonder what will happen to that cash.  The people in receiving will pocket it?  Will get returned?  Go towards the CGC Christmas party?