• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the heck is this?
1 1

53 posts in this topic

Surprised to see I’m another member of the platinum trophy club with 20 / 20.

I’ve never achieved this with a video game, so I’m flattered.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/21/2021 at 7:17 AM, comicdonna said:

I put in a note for an admin to change this.  :wishluck:

This is the answer I got.

Thank you! I've updated the team about the moderator icons, and asked about the "Achievements" thing with the rocket ship. Apparently it's a new feature on the platform the boards are on, so there's some discussion about whether/how we may use the feature.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:34 AM, jharvey said:

Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if over half the people on these forums just skip past all his posts without reading them. 

Sorry, whose posts are we talking about?

On 7/21/2021 at 1:40 PM, JazzMan said:

Shouldn't yours be more like...

image.png.eafbff6a746576fa50b5334c554e11c7.png

jeff bezos!

On 7/20/2021 at 11:51 PM, oakman29 said:

In our profile page?

Screenshot_20210720-205012_Chrome.jpg

Reminiscent of the gold and silver star achievement stickers our kindergarten teacher used on our assignments.  Very exciting to be getting them again!

On 7/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, comicdonna said:

I'm not sure what the enable push notifications is about.  

I think it's a way of getting notifications when you do not have the CGC site open - explanation here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/web-push-notifications-native-sharing-offline-support-r1222/

In layman's terms, if you accept them (I see the notifications alarm bell now prompts you every once in a while) you would get a pop up on screen to say you had a CGC related notification when you were online but did not have the CGC forum open.  So you could be browsing eBay and a pop up would appear to say that someone had sent you a PM etc. I may try it and see what happens, next time it shows.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:27 PM, comicdonna said:

I tried a dozen times the other day.  Finally, I clicked on the X to get rid of it.  

I can't find any related setting in the existing notifications framework, so it may be being offered to us erroneously.  

On 7/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I can't find any related setting in the existing notifications framework, so it may be being offered to us erroneously.  

That could be.  I saw it yesterday on a pond forum site I am a member of.  Never seen it there before either.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, comicdonna said:

That could be.  I saw it yesterday on a pond forum site I am a member of.  Never seen it there before either.

Pond forum :cloud9:

Is anyone else getting this every time they go to log in?:

Capture.thumb.PNG.99c9ee86ca92b946890eb82e59e0754c.PNG

On 7/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Is anyone else getting this every time they go to log in?:

Capture.thumb.PNG.99c9ee86ca92b946890eb82e59e0754c.PNG

Just me then.... 9_9