• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite dehumidifier
1 1

32 posts in this topic

I have 2 running in my finished basement. Both are hooked up to the plumbing, so the water gets pumped out constantly. One goes into a sump pump, one a drain pipe.

I've had to replace one ever 3 years or so, the pumps fail.

This is the one I got a few weeks ago. Quiet and it seems (knocking on wood) to work well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z5Q7M3N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

On 7/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, djzombi said:

oh hai  :)  

You heading up to Little Giant in a few weeks?  I'm pretty psyched for that show.  

I won't be able to make the August show but I went in April and it's become the best comics only show in the area. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:23 PM, wiparker824 said:

I live in Phoenix. Come join us, natural dehumidifier - the sun.

note: The sun also roasts the humans in the summers, but our comics are bone dry. 

We have the sun in Florida.   It doesn't work as well for humidity here. 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:29 AM, Wolverinex said:

Which dehumidifier are most of you all using for your books?  I've used EVa-dry and really liked them.   Just wondering if there are any other good brands.

https://www.eva-dry.com/product/e-500-renewable-high-capacity-dehumidifier/

I have a few of these. One in each SDB and in other areas where my comics and art are stored. They are very handy and the silica is easy to renew.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:10 AM, Buzzetta said:

During the summer I run the central air and two 30 pint dehumidifiers - one upstairs and one in the basement.

That is more for me than the comics though. 

100% this

i do the same you can get 2 nice units from Amazon (use star rating) and keep your home 40-50% all day everyday at a max. I live in Texas and this has saved my collectables which value in the 100kusd realm. 300$ to keep 100k amazing easy yes.