• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever sneezed on a comic?
1 1

46 posts in this topic

see topic

like when you were unboxing something, or rebagging, or even reading?

let's here your horror stories, most valuable comic you ever did this to

coughing stories can be shared as well if applicable :wink:

happy Friday

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 7/23/2021 at 1:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:

any other bodily fluids on a comic acceptable to post?

@Buzzetta

@greggy

Sweat… read something on a hot summer day while laying on your stomach on the lawn as a kid.  

Sweat

What about if you are reading your comic and suddenly someone else’s bodily fluid winds up on the book?

One LCS I occasionally went to had the owner sneeze and explosively blow his nose straight into his cupped hands, and then proceed straight on to tilling up comics that were being bought by customers that day. 

OCD dilemma for me.  Luckily other shops were available.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:22 PM, Conacon said:

Digging through boxes in a guy's garage. Hot as heck, trying not to drip sweat on the books. I finally started taking the boxes outside to work through them. 

Seen the opposite problem here in England when it was cold; nasal drip on books at a comic mart. Not me, a guy standing next to me reading and water warping a Superman comic.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, Ken Aldred said:

One LCS I occasionally went to had the owner sneeze and explosively blow his nose straight into his cupped hands, and then proceed straight on to tilling up comics that were being bought by customers that day. 

OCD dilemma for me.  Luckily other shops were available.

Gross 

No but I remember spitting on a comic years ago by accident. I had a badly chipped tooth for a few years and sometimes spit would shoot out if I was talking or just moving my mouth around and I remember that happening when I was reading a comic once. I think it was a late 50s batman comic. I just left it open to dry for awhile and no problem.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:45 PM, catman76 said:

No but I remember spitting on a comic years ago by accident. I had a badly chipped tooth for a few years and sometimes spit would shoot out if I was talking or just moving my mouth around and I remember that happening when I was reading a comic once. I think it was a late 50s batman comic. I just left it open to dry for awhile and no problem.

I have spit on several 90s books.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:46 AM, kav said:

I have spit on several 90s books.

As long as they were bagged, like Spider-Man 1 or X-Force 1, no harm done.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/23/2021 at 5:17 PM, Ken Aldred said:

As long as they were bagged, like Spider-Man 1 or X-Force 1, no harm done.

Youngblood #1-no harm done.