• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Weirdo QC Grading Flopperoos!

27 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 10:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Someone on the boards has a Batman 121 signed and sketched by Neal Adams - Batman 121 is first Mr. Freeze and Adams had nothing to do with the book, apparently it was a mix up with the sign/sketch process at an event with CGC. I love the story though, it would make me mad at first, but they have this amazing issue with an actually pretty cool Neal Adams Mr. Freeze sketch on it because they made the best of a bad situation. Tried to find it, but I couldn't, but maybe they'll see this...

I would have exploded. Would not have made lemonade out of a CGC screw up like that. I only like sketches on blank covers. The rest is vandalism. Particularly on a key issue like that.

On 7/24/2021 at 7:02 AM, Jeffro. said:

Stuff like this is really perplexing to me. How does the person responsible for the encapsulation process not flag this as wrong immediately? I just don't get it. How does it get through QC? Do they need to retrain the monkeys they hired?

Yes