• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Weirdo QC Grading Flopperoos!

27 posts in this topic

You can't escape Stan Lee. There's a fine for tampering with his likeness in most civilised countries. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.8044cf193241729838d4c86c120ac6da.jpg

Stuff like this is really perplexing to me. How does the person responsible for the encapsulation process not flag this as wrong immediately? I just don't get it. How does it get through QC? Do they need to retrain the monkeys they hired?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.8044cf193241729838d4c86c120ac6da.jpg

In a way its perfect,looks like stan is mocking dc with that smile,just like batman said to the joker in batman dark knight return -stop laughing!goes well with that evil joker laugh cover!unique!

Edited by Namtak

On 7/24/2021 at 9:21 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Isn't this just where someone paid for the Stan Lee signature label?

When it was available, it was $5. It doesn't say signed by Stan Lee, it's just his label

Can you do that? No, it's not signed by Stan Lee. If this is someone's idea of clever and cute, it isn't to me. It's gauche and trite. Same as people who had Stan Lee sign DC comic books. It's unimaginative. Those are the people at concerts who screech "Freebird" through the whole show.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, Randall Ries said:

Can you do that? No, it's not signed by Stan Lee. If this is someone's idea of clever and cute, it isn't to me. It's gauche and trite. Same as people who had Stan Lee sign DC comic books. It's unimaginative. Those are the people at concerts who screech "Freebird" through the whole show.

That I'm not sure, but I seem to remember: the Stan Lee label being limited to ss by him or something, but can't confirm

I DO know that currently if the "label's are available" when you enter a book then you can add it to "any book" that "offers" it

so I'd imagine this IS a slabbing error lol

As there is some criteria for labels even to be offered when submitting a book, on the submission form.

I almost want to say that the Stan Lee Label was almost the 1st ever offered, and it could be, cgc was still working out the "bugs"

I only added the info, as some seemed to think it was indeed stan ss'd etc. so just to clarify :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/24/2021 at 1:53 PM, The Lions Den said:

Even when they're not at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert...   :screwy:

ESPECIALLY if they aren't at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert. I was recording an Ekoostik Hookah show from the audience one night and someone yelled out "Freebird!" My friend who was also in attendance yelled back "That isn't funny anymore!" The whole place applauded her. Bless her heart. All that was captured for posterity on tape.

Someone also did that at a Hot Tuna show I attended. Yelled "Freebird" and Jorma looked up and said "I got yer 'Freebird' right here!" and flipped him off. LOL!

On 7/24/2021 at 6:02 AM, Jeffro. said:

Stuff like this is really perplexing to me. How does the person responsible for the encapsulation process not flag this as wrong immediately? I just don't get it. How does it get through QC? Do they need to retrain the monkeys they hired?

Most of the jobs I've had co workers did the minimum.  It was always baffling to me because being involved at work makes the day more interesting and enjoyable.  

On 7/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, kav said:

Most of the jobs I've had co workers did the minimum.  It was always baffling to me because being involved at work makes the day more interesting and enjoyable.  

I always gave 100%. Whatever 100% meant on a given day. Co-workers who were slackers were somehow kept on. Which makes it difficult for others because the work has to get done regardless.

When I became self employed, I was able to leave co-workers and bosses behind. I dealt with employees for awhile. Found myself back to the same old stress. Had to deal with them being late, car break downs, them break downs, their drug and alcohol problems and their backstabbing me.

Two different people I had never met and didn't know each other told me the same story 4 days apart about how a woman who worked for us was badmouthing us to the customers in the convenience store she worked in evenings. After working for us for 3 years. We gave her raises, paid time off, latitude to make her own calls as to how to approach her job and a generous gasoline stipend as she used her own vehicle while working for us. I jettisoned her after hearing those stories. >:(

On 7/24/2021 at 2:50 PM, Randall Ries said:

I always gave 100%. Whatever 100% meant on a given day. Co-workers who were slackers were somehow kept on. Which makes it difficult for others because the work has to get done regardless.

When I became self employed, I was able to leave co-workers and bosses behind. I dealt with employees for awhile. Found myself back to the same old stress. Had to deal with them being late, car break downs, them break downs, their drug and alcohol problems and their backstabbing me.

Two different people I had never met and didn't know each other told me the same story 4 days apart about how a woman who worked for us was badmouthing us to the customers in the convenience store she worked in evenings. After working for us for 3 years. We gave her raises, paid time off, latitude to make her own calls as to how to approach her job and a generous gasoline stipend as she used her own vehicle while working for us. I jettisoned her after hearing those stories. >:(

hard workers are rewarded by being given more work, lazy workers are rewarded by being given less work.  I told this countless times to a friend who worked his *** off and was frustrated by the guy who watched youtube all day that they refused to fire.  He kept telling me theyll fire him soon.  I kept saying never happen.  I was right.

One time the lazy dude gave bad information to a client-he worked in a field where bad information could cause massive loss of life.  My friend told me he's definitely getting fired this time.  I bet him $20 nope.
He forgot about the bet-the guy was of course not fired.

Someone on the boards has a Batman 121 signed and sketched by Neal Adams - Batman 121 is first Mr. Freeze and Adams had nothing to do with the book, apparently it was a mix up with the sign/sketch process at an event with CGC. I love the story though, it would make me mad at first, but they have this amazing issue with an actually pretty cool Neal Adams Mr. Freeze sketch on it because they made the best of a bad situation. Tried to find it, but I couldn't, but maybe they'll see this...

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 7/24/2021 at 2:55 PM, kav said:

hard workers are rewarded by being given more work, lazy workers are rewarded by being given less work.  I told this countless times to a friend who worked his *** off and was frustrated by the guy who watched youtube all day that they refused to fire.  He kept telling me theyll fire him soon.  I kept saying never happen.  I was right.

I agree 100%, appears to be at every joint anyone works at these days.