• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF #6
3 3

15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have been thinking of disposing of my collection that I started in 70's through to mid 80's.

The highlights are AF 15, SM 1 to 240, FF 1 to 257

I have a good idea of the grades for some of my older comic's as there are many examples of CGC graded versions on-line.

But FF #6 seems to lack many choices on-line. I can see a CGC 9.6 on Heritage wedsite.

Please guys, can you tell me what you think mine would be graded - I feel it does need to go through pressing first.IMG_5117.thumb.JPG.67622497710e6475e795397e180ec875.JPG

Just to say I am based in Wales (UK) this is the British priced version - would that effect the grade?

Thanks All

You need to read the forum rules please. :rulez:  Posting one picture isn't going to help any of us give you a decent grade estimate.  More pictures are needed.

Also, a variant doesn't affect the grade of a comic, only defects, etc.  Welcome to the boards. (thumbsu

On 7/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, WalesUK said:

I couldn't submit more than one picture previously as the file was too big more pictures added. I feel I should have used better lighting. I hope this helps.

Much better, thank you. B|

A clean and press might get this book to a 6.5.

On 7/25/2021 at 1:15 PM, WalesUK said:

I have a good idea of the grades for some of my older comic's as there are many examples of CGC graded versions on-line.

This is a great way to learn to grade.

Nice pence copy!

As is, 6.0.

After a C&P, 6.5.

Thanks for sharing.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:32 AM, grendelbo said:

This is a great way to learn to grade.

Nice pence copy!

As is, 6.0.

After a C&P, 6.5.

Thanks for sharing.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, Galen130 said:

Much better, thank you. B|

A clean and press might get this book to a 6.5.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:53 PM, Deadpoolica said:

All this 

6.0 as is

6.5 after C&P

On 8/8/2021 at 6:23 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

Beautiful book! I wish I could say I'm interested in your AF15 but if it's as nice as this book I'd have to trade my house for it

hm

GLWS you're sitting on a whole retirement fund if that whole set is this nice!

Thanks for your comments.

I wish AF15, SM1, FF1 were near as good - but they are much poorer.

I collected as a passtime - I enjoyed collecting & reading the comic's.

In the 70's & 80's I didn't consider what I would do with them in the future - let alone 40/50 years later.

It wasn't easy collecting then - I would send off a stamped addressed envelope to a dealer, the dealer would send back his list - I would then send a cheque for the ones I wanted. Sometimes the cheque would be returned as my selections had already been taken.

Thoses were the days - no computers, no CGC.