• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harnish affiliate speaks...

118 posts in this topic

Comicalgems;

I'll save you a trip to Tejas.

Your HQ is supposed to be in Jersey,no?

Allow myself and two others to tour your place and inspect the books. If they are what you purport them to be,I'll commit to placing an order for at least $10,000, cash on delivery.

27_laughing.gifthumbsup2.gif

How does he(comicalgems) explain the old Harnish auctions where you had to buy a "chance" to "win" a copy of ASM #1, the more "chances" you bought the better chance you had to win the book. yeahok.gif

I am curious as to who "won" the actual books in those Harnish auctions, maybe it was ebayer comicalgems??? 27_laughing.gif

Guess that "lottery" auction set-up wasn't working out that well, hence the newer "full-run" auctons. yeahok.gif

How does he(comicalgems) explain the old Harnish auctions where you had to buy a "chance" to "win" a copy of ASM #1, the more "chances" you bought the better chance you had to win the book. yeahok.gif

I am curious as to who "won" the actual books in those Harnish auctions, maybe it was ebayer comicalgems??? 27_laughing.gif

Guess that "lottery" auction set-up wasn't working out that well, hence the newer "full-run" auctons. yeahok.gif

First of all dingus...if you read the items description in the so called "lotto" auctions you would know that the original listing started with a quantity of 500. Let's say 10 sold that week...that leaves 490 remaining. The following week we would re-list with the quantity of 490 available. Once all five hundred sold we shipped to the person who bought the remaining lots the ASM 1. The first time we ran the auction it took about three months to sell 500 lots with the remainder being picked up when there were 131 quantity available. So the buyer got ASM 1 plus 130 other SA books from Marvel publishing. Plus 655 Modern Age comics being a mix of Marvel and DC. There was nothing lotto about it aside from the unknown silver age book from the first 499 lots. There's a good chance that between five MA books and 1 SA book you can recoup your investment by reselling on ebay. It was 20 bucks with five dollars shipping combined no matter how many lots you buy. Ringfinger sold similar lots on ebay and when I bought all items from him he sent me solid [embarrassing lack of self control] and [embarrassing lack of self control] only. Did he combine all shipping for five bucks for the [embarrassing lack of self control] he sent me? No he certainly didn't. His listing even said there were silver age books in his lots and the last time I checked a seventy five cent cover Green Lantern comic isn't Silver Age.

First of all dingus...if you read the items description in the so called "lotto" auctions you would know that the original listing started with a quantity of 500. Let's say 10 sold that week...that leaves 490 remaining. The following week we would re-list with the quantity of 490 available. Once all five hundred sold we shipped to the person who bought the remaining lots the ASM 1. The first time we ran the auction it took about three months to sell 500 lots with the remainder being picked up when there were 131 quantity available. So the buyer got ASM 1 plus 130 other SA books from Marvel publishing. Plus 655 Modern Age comics being a mix of Marvel and DC. There was nothing lotto about it aside from the unknown silver age book from the first 499 lots. There's a good chance that between five MA books and 1 SA book you can recoup your investment by reselling on ebay. It was 20 bucks with five dollars shipping combined no matter how many lots you buy. Ringfinger sold similar lots on ebay and when I bought all items from him he sent me solid [embarrassing lack of self control] and [embarrassing lack of self control] only. Did he combine all shipping for five bucks for the [embarrassing lack of self control] he sent me? No he certainly didn't. His listing even said there were silver age books in his lots and the last time I checked a seventy five cent cover Green Lantern comic isn't Silver Age.

As you seem pretty good with facts and figures, would you care to explain your 'over-heads' to those of us who are a bit concerned you might be paying just a tad over the odds? confused-smiley-013.gif

What? That my shipping bill from FedEX is between 6-9 grand a month? Or that my ebay bill is close to five G's a month? Or what costs are you wanting analyzed?

6-9 grand shipping a month? yeahok.gif Jezzus, Chuck could mail the whole Mile High inventory to China, full insured, for less than that!

The maths simply don't add up...by your own admission, you sold 500 lots in 3 months at an average of 167 lots a month. Let's say your average contribution to each lot was $5 shipping. That's $835 dollars.

Oh, and 167 lots a month at $20 per lot does not add up to $5000 eBay fees. The total bid value is only $3340!

To accumulate 5K worth of eBay fees in a month, you'd have to be selling way over $75,000 worth of stuff every month.

Nah, it just doesn't add up.

No surprise there, then.

What? That my shipping bill from FedEX is between 6-9 grand a month? Or that my ebay bill is close to five G's a month? Or what costs are you wanting analyzed?

This has got to be the biggest load of BS I've heard in a long time, "dingus".

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Obviously it wasn't the only thing we sold.

Looking at your 'office', you'd have to have sold your entire stock 15 times over to run up a $9,000 shipping bill...without charging your buyers a cent.

Maybe you have been selling the Brooklyn Bridge? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Looking at your eBay feedback, it appears that not only do eBay and Paypal think you're a scam artist, but so do a hell of a lot of your 'customers'. Oh, and everyone on this board, too.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....