• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Action #1 CGC 8.0 and New Detective Comics #27 CGC 8.5 in the Census
4 4

511 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2021 at 3:59 PM, szav said:

As I said before, the real art to me in this situation is in wordcrafting this sort of lofty effusive praise for this, to me, unimpressive art.  I honestly enjoy reading about the art, and people’s reactions to it more than looking at it.  So that’s something I guess.

THere's word salad, which I also despise.   But there's also acknowledging firsts.   

These geometric blocks were some of the first exploration outside of traditional painting.

Love it or hate it... you can't take that away from the artist.  

That's objective... (there's that word...).

On 10/13/2021 at 4:02 PM, szav said:

I thought you had kids?  I guess mine may have a leg up on yours in learning how to craft good abstract art.  

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tangrams+for+kids+ages+3-5&crid=1SV91FOODRFEF&sprefix=tan&ref=nb_sb_ss_midas-iss-sm_3_3

Do they also enjoy knitting and making bread?  lol

All jokes aside, I didn't know this was a thing.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:42 AM, Timely said:

Just because you are the first to draw in a certain way doesn’t mean…

A. You are good at it!

B. Your art is worth $1m+.

C. Others will appreciate it.

D. All of the above.

You’re right.   But it helps…

On 10/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, chrisco37 said:

See the source image

whatever connection one has to the source material etc, this would look so great on a large wall in your huge downtown open loft or your tastefully decorated 5th avenue penthouse!  A really attention getter especially if all your friends and guests know how much you paid for it!

Edited by Aman619

On 10/13/2021 at 1:17 PM, szav said:
On 10/13/2021 at 1:08 PM, Bronty said:

And to be clear, they look like perfectly fine, productive toys for kids and their development.   Just ribbin' ya a little.

Hah no worries, it’s all in good fun and I started it.  

From a true collector's POV, it's best to keep them unopened and in their original sealed package condition and 3rd party graded of course.  lol

Then again, wouldn't we just be grading the condition of the exterior box and outside packaging only, and how would we know if there's no missing pieces inside the box if we don't open it.  :devil:  

On 10/14/2021 at 5:48 PM, lou_fine said:

From a true collector's POV, it's best to keep them unopened and in their original sealed package condition and 3rd party graded of course.  lol

Then again, wouldn't we just be grading the condition of the exterior box and outside packaging only, and how would we know if there's no missing pieces inside the box if we don't open it.  :devil:  

Yeah, that's deep insight.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, chrisco37 said:

Just because you think it sucks doesn't mean...

A.  It didn't take skill

B.  Someone won't pay a fortune for it

C.  Others won't appreciate it

D.  All of the above

See the source image

also true!!

On 10/13/2021 at 12:26 PM, szav said:

The jury is out on Banksy etc.

You have made this statement twice and I am curious which jury you are referring to? An argument could be made that Banksy is the single most famous artist working today. If that is true then the jury has already decided.

Edited by MrBedrock

I love that one.  his stencils look so real but looking closely, theres really so little info there.  the outstretched hand is a blobby sideways V..  I think we see the face which DID stencil clearly and our brains tells us it's all in focus and realistic..

heck, I probably like it cause it reminds me of this old lithograph I did a few moons ago... "Nanook"

nannook.jpg

On 12/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, Aman619 said:

I love that one.  his stencils look so real but looking closely, theres really so little info there.  the outstretched hand is a blobby sideways V..  I think we see the face which DID stencil clearly and our brains tells us it's all in focus and realistic..

heck, I probably like it cause it reminds me of this old lithograph I did a few moons ago... "Nanook"

nannook.jpg

I love the litho!  This type of stuff is my favorite art.  It's essentially an illusion to convince your mind that you see something.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:02 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Let's see some other Hammer guesses on the Action 1, Tec 27, and MC 1 !

Banksy: Hammer Boy - NYC Street Art