• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Doe et al. v. Jason Ewert et al. -- Litigation Forthcoming

159 posts in this topic

As has been discussed in numerous other threads regarding the Ewert trimming scandal, I am confirming that litigation will be commenced against Mr. Ewert and others for the fraudulent sale of trimmed and/or manipulated books. Several collectors have already committed to participating as plaintiffs in the litigation, which will be handled by FFB, Foolkiller and myself. We have already initiated the first steps.

If anyone believes they may have been a victim of Mr. Ewert, or knows someone who might fall into that category, through having purchased any books that originated with him or Tom Brulato, please PM or e-mail either myself, Scott or Brian, for further information.

Additionally, for those who have been generous enough to express an interest in pledging funds to help defray the litigation costs, or who would consider helping in this regard, please also either PM or e-mail myself, Scott or Brian. We are undertaking this effort to better the hobby we love and to expose the truth surrounding all potential levels of the scandal. We anticipate leaving no rock unturned.

Keep an eye on this thread for litigation updates.

Mark, Scott, and Brian - you are the champions of the board - godspeed.

I sent the scans of "my" Ewert book to Brad earlier today, and, I must admit I was surpised to see it on the list . . .

kudos to Joseph, Bruce, and Brad and anyone else I missed thumbsup2.gif Your efforts are appreciated.

This is beautiful. 893applaud-thumb.gif I own one Ewart book, a TTA#98 CGC 9.6 but its one of my favorites. I'm not sure if I should send it in for inspection or not.

Send it in. If it's had work done, you're covered. thumbsup2.gif

This is great to see.

I would also imagine that a flashing "danger" sign just appeared on the viewscreen at CCG.

I don't think we'll be seeing any statements from Steve or CGC that reveal anything of substance.

The ties that bind....

As has been discussed in numerous other threads regarding the Ewert trimming scandal, I am confirming that litigation will be commenced against Mr. Ewert and others for the fraudulent sale of trimmed and/or manipulated books. Several collectors have already committed to participating as plaintiffs in the litigation, which will be handled by FFB, Foolkiller and myself. We have already initiated the first steps.

If anyone believes they may have been a victim of Mr. Ewert, or knows someone who might fall into that category, through having purchased any books that originated with him or Tom Brulato, please PM or e-mail either myself, Scott or Brian, for further information.

Additionally, for those who have been generous enough to express an interest in pledging funds to help defray the litigation costs, or who would consider helping in this regard, please also either PM or e-mail myself, Scott or Brian. We are undertaking this effort to better the hobby we love and to expose the truth surrounding all potential levels of the scandal. We anticipate leaving no rock unturned.

Keep an eye on this thread for litigation updates.

Lets get this on 'HardBall' or 'Fox News', Mark ? Ewert would crawl under a rock.

Joking aside,...good work ! Did I mention I might be opposing counsel ?

KK

Guys:

Right now, we are not, nor should we be, discussing legal strategy, who we may or may not name later in the litigation, and theories of pursuit. This is meant as an announcement that if you are interested and believe you may have been injured, then please consult with us regardless of whether or not you have sent the book in yet.

We will not be answering the questions you may have about these issues unless you are planning on joining the litigation. As time progresses however, all your questions will get answered in a public forum. Please be patient with us.

Mark ,ill certainly be one of the 1st to support this important issue!Though i am not a victim of it, I do want to help the people who are a victim of it. i recognize the power we have if we unite as collectors to get things done.Only [WE] can clean up our hobby.No one else is going to help us.

Please post or email me the address to send a check to as i am pledging my support as of today.We are taking things into our own hands and that is wonderful.

I hope others will join in..........peter/action1kid

I think the comment that the boards may eventually be down is a good one... So writing down the email addresses and other contact info of a few key people like greggy that have sold/bought from a lot of forumites would be a good step if it hasn't already been taken, as these people will have many forumites' email addresses in their paypal records...

I'm fairly certain NCG has gone thru a few scandals worse than this and never resorted to pulling the plugs on its boards.

However,it might be a good idea to start designating a few "Fire Saftey Captains" who will be responsible to bring eveyone to a fallback position in case of an "unforeseen occurence"

Good Luck with the case,guys.

Give 'em a nice high,hard,elbow for me.

Scratch that. Kick 'em for me. Then bash 'em with a bat,roll 'em in a blanket and toss 'em off the pier for me.

I'd gladly send my email address to somebody who's appointed a custodian in case of the boards being pulled. Somebody we all love and trust...red, esquire, ffb, whoever.

Just a thought.

Has there been some indication that this might happen? Why would it? I realize that there have been alot of negative comments made about CGC recently, but I hardly think that the boards will be pulled for this. Just curious as to why some people fear this may happen. I personally highly doubt it. confused-smiley-013.gif