• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie to the Boards, not the hobby

4 posts in this topic

Hi.  I'm a Newbie to the Boards, but have been collecting continuously since 1975.  With the market these days, I decided to sell some books to fund other hobbies.  I started submitting  to CGC a few months ago and have started to get some of my books back.  I have some of my golden age books listed in the upcoming ComicConnect auction.  I will eventually be selling around 100 books or so.  I'm not a professional seller.  My question is this:  What is my best/easiest/most profitable option for selling?  Will people here buy books from an untested source (ie this is my first post).  I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

On 7/31/2021 at 3:15 PM, Sanctionman said:

My question is this:  What is my best/easiest/most profitable option for selling?  Will people here buy books from an untested source (ie this is my first post).  I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

Check out www.comiclink.com for selling. 

On 7/31/2021 at 3:15 PM, Sanctionman said:

My question is this:  What is my best/easiest/most profitable option for selling?  Will people here buy books from an untested source (ie this is my first post).  I would appreciate any input.  Thanks.

The "easiest" will not be the most profitable.

"Easiest" may be consigning with MyComicShop. Most profitable may be by building a reputation here.

It's nice that we can go online & just ask "I got stuff!  How do I make tons of easy money off it?" lol

Anyways, simplest way would probably be to consign your books or sell directly to the auction houses.

There is no easy "most profitable" way.  Current market & luck will determine that.  I think auctioning may be the best way to get the most if you can get two people infected with "fear of missing out."  It's obviously a gamble though.  I wouldn't count on these boards to max your sale.  Most buyers here know the market enough to not over pay.  Most sellers also know not to price gouge so 95% of the time you get a tiny discount from GPA.  If you sell here it's more about forming a bond & lasting relationships, which can be worth more than any amount of money, right?  If you're asking which auction house is the best, then I can't answer that.

Oh yea, if you're extremely patient, just list on eBay for 1000% more current market then hope for that golden goose.  That seems to be a strategy too.