• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 PC X-Men #1 on Pedigree

21 posts in this topic

Is that the same book as the CGC 9.6 PC X-Men #1 right next to it? Only asking $250,000 more?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1143

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=5444

I'd like to know what exactly you're getting for the extra quarter mil confused-smiley-013.gif

One less 1/16" non-color breaking stress mark.....maybe.

Oh, and a different label.

Anyone who pays $250,000 more for that copy is insane. End of story.

Since there are two 9.8 copies, and one will always be known as a resub (everyone knows the two PC copies were 9.6), won't the resub copy always be suspect? I bet if we put the curator copy and this copy side by side there'd be no comparison.

Since there are two 9.8 copies, and one will always be known as a resub (everyone knows the two PC copies were 9.6), won't the resub copy always be suspect? I bet if we put the curator copy and this copy side by side there'd be no comparison.

I think the difference would be fairly negligible - we are talking 9.6s and 9.8s here. The resub copy will be perceived by the marketplace and potential buyer (assuming there is one) as inferior.

$350,000 - that's called absurdly pushing the boat out at the wrong time...

You can definitely tell the difference.

The Curator copy has much nicer eye appeal. It doens't have the transfer stain.

The cover on the duplicate PC 9.6, now 9.8 white page copy, almost has an oily appearance.

I think the Curator X-men 1 9.8 is at least .2 better than this PC 9.8.

Best, Tom

I think the difference would be fairly negligible - we are talking 9.6s and 9.8s here. The resub copy will be perceived by the marketplace and potential buyer (assuming there is one) as inferior.

Yes, I think we finally have here what people are constantly saying they want: the resubbed 9.8 will be likely be bought for the book and not the label. Anyone who does their due diligence on the 9.8 PC copy will know it used to be a 9.6 copy and that the general perception is that it is inferior to the 9.8 Curator copy, notwithstanding the identical grades.

Is that the same book as the CGC 9.6 PC X-Men #1 right next to it? Only asking $250,000 more?

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=1143

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=5444

I'd like to know what exactly you're getting for the extra quarter mil confused-smiley-013.gif

Bragging rights.

Bragging rights as what? The biggest fool on the block? screwy.gif

Yes, I think we finally have here what people are constantly saying they want: the resubbed 9.8 will be likely be bought for the book and not the label. Anyone who does their due diligence on the 9.8 PC copy will know it used to be a 9.6 copy and that the general perception is that it is inferior to the 9.8 Curator copy, notwithstanding the identical grades.

My guess is that Doug really has no intentions of selling the book (but would take $350K if some offered). tongue.gif

The CGC 9.8 is slightly nicer than the CGC 9.6 as I have seen them both at the same time. A big difference, not at all (nor should it be). They are both absolutely beautiful. 893applaud-thumb.gif

But I have heard that the Curator is nicer then either PC, as sometimes (and in this case) they have a touch of yellowing to them.