• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Collection Questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello all!  I have been a collector for about 40 years.

Recently I have come across a book that was claimed to be a "Pedigree" book.  Somewhere along the line it was removed from the CGC case, but still has the label.  If this were sent back to CGC, with the original label would it retain the "pedigree" status?

PDG

On 8/2/2021 at 1:35 PM, PDGray said:

Hello all!  I have been a collector for about 40 years.

Recently I have come across a book that was claimed to be a "Pedigree" book.  Somewhere along the line it was removed from the CGC case, but still has the label.  If this were sent back to CGC, with the original label would it retain the "pedigree" status?

PDG

The original label may mean nothing, but the Pedigree should be recognized and added to the label.

Whatever answer anyone gives, no matter how trustworthy random internet strangers who have no vested interested in helping seem to you, you should probably check DIRECTLY with CGC customer service representatives.  They have phones and emails.  THere's even a subforum here on the boards if you dig around a bit.  Good luck.