• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$1 Million Dollar restored Action Comics #1 !!!!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

...........seriously though, when and under what conditions could we,  or would we ever,  see a $1 million sale for a restored mega-key ? 

I remember when $317K (was that the number?) was the top price for a blue Action #1, and now there are  multiple examples of $1M + sales of unrestored mega GA books.

Could it ever happen ?

I think it will. 

There just aren't allot of opportunities to buy an AC1.  I'm not sure what the census counts are, but I imagine a nice presenting AC1 in higher grade with minimum resto could get there.

Maybe not today, but soon enough. 

On 8/12/2021 at 2:00 PM, fishbone said:

how about one with no chance of resto removal? ever  gonna happen ?

Depends on what the unremovable resto is.   What if it's a 7.0 that's technically restored but only because it has a blot of ink that cannot be removed but the ink is smaller in size than other bits of ink on books which are also graded 7.0 and the only real difference is that the unrestored book acquired the large amount of ink accidentally or even with the intent of defacing the book?    And what if the technically restored 7.0 presents better and has better page quality and even though it's priced at a million, that's far below, or even half, the going price for the unrestored 7.0, meaning it's an extra million not for the damage done to the book but for what presumably was going through the mind of the person who damaged it?  

On 8/12/2021 at 11:00 PM, fishbone said:

how about one with no chance of resto removal? ever  gonna happen ?

Why yes ... Imagine SAVING $ 3 million for having some bits of color touch ... :o

Current resto definition/PLOD designating is too harsh ... or is it hm

(I'm having these thoughts on a much smaller financial level.)