• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CANCELED - GA Sale starting at 6pm EST

18 posts in this topic

Rules:

• PayPal only please (if you have an issue with PayPal send me a PM first).
  • Shipping is a flat $15 for slabs $8 for raw books (in the US only, sorry) unless stated otherwise, shipped in a USPS flat rate priority mail box for slabs.
  • Nobody from the lists. First take wins (including over ALL PM discussions)
  • No returns on slabs.
  • Returns on raw books are accepted within one week of delivery. Buyer pays return shipping unless I have overlooked something major, so please be sure before you purchase.
  • References: I don't have an official thread, but I have bought a lot here and sold plenty too
  • Offers are always welcome, just send me a PM

Someone reported my last post I guess, and then a mod took it down. I'm not clear as to why, so for now I am just canceling the rest of sale. Will try again some other time I guess.

Putting the same one book up for sale if anyone wants it.

Astonishing 55 - 3.0

-Bottom staple partially detached and has some rusting.

$45

323895083_Astonishing55front.thumb.jpg.3d4c72ec4245b83c015943dae6d70dc9.jpg

769507413_Astonishing55back.thumb.jpg.2b4e9862d460c8e088817b02ee9ab903.jpg

I feel like I read somewhere recently (maybe General Discussion? not sure, and can't find it now) that the mods have been cracking down on placeholder posts for future sales threads. 

On 8/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Point Five said:

I feel like I read somewhere recently (maybe General Discussion? not sure, and can't find it now) that the mods have been cracking down on placeholder posts for future sales threads. 

I read that thread too, but I can't remember where it is at @skypinkblu can you help locate - I recall you were posting in that thread.

Hopefully we'll get some clarity on this new rule or new take on old rule.

In past plenty of threads post only a few books, and then say "be back Wednesday w next round."

How many books are needed to constitute a legit "round?"  Three books?  Any rule on how long can the gap be between rounds?  Does that mean a one book round is verbotten, or will threads only be 'disappeared' if we start a thread with a 1-book round?

Do we get a break if seller has emergency problem with, say, a dinosaur in back yard.  "Postponed rest of this round, my dog just got eaten, be back later, sorry."  See that kind of thing a lot in threads too.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:33 AM, grebal said:

In past plenty of threads post only a few books, and then say "be back Wednesday w next round."

How many books are needed to constitute a legit "round?"  Three books?  Any rule on how long can the gap be between rounds?  Does that mean a one book round is verbotten, or will threads only be 'disappeared' if we start a thread with a 1-book round?

Do we get a break if seller has emergency problem with, say, a dinosaur in back yard.  "Postponed rest of this round, my dog just got eaten, be back later, sorry."  See that kind of thing a lot in threads too.

My guess is that the objection is to posting a teaser picture with multiple books for a later sale, and then just posting one to satisfy the demand that the sales thread start when posted. There probably won't be an issue if a seller mentions they'll be listing more books over the course of several days without pre-sale advertising of what specifically they are. 

^If that's the rule, I'll abide by it of course.  But many threads include teaser of 'here are books from next round', so it seems kinda arbitrary.  I guess my purpose is to nail down that this rule only applies to first post of a thread, and some variation of rule won't be applied to subsequent rounds once a thread gets to its Round 2.

The "sales rules" in general seem well thought out, and have been amended/added to as needed.  Not sure what problem this particular rule is attempting to solve, as a "placeholder" thread will simply scroll off the front page in short order.  However, I do agree the "announcement" thread is more appropriate if you're not ready to post more than one book.

On 8/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, grebal said:

It's a "spirit of intent" rule, not a "letter of the law" rule. Some people don't like rules based on interpretation and relying on one's professional judgment but most of the sales rules here are built on a sense of subjective analysis. 

On 8/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, zzutak said:

Serious question here: are single-book sales now verboten?

No.

Here is a link to discussion thread and skypinkblu's clarification

I didn’t want any of that carp anyway. Ha ha. Just kidding. I see that once in a while. Doesn’t bother me as long as a time is listed and the seller knows how to tell time. Builds excitement for a sale. 

Makes me wonder about running a sale. I often like to sprinkle in a few non comic book items in for fun. I have never had a problem. At least these items are vintage and comic related.

Really kind of bothers me that some squealing internet troll would turn you in for it. Too much of that going on here lately. 

Hope you come back and post the rest...