• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Universal's FAST & FURIOUS 10 - FAST X (2023)
1 1

78 posts in this topic

Universal Pictures has officially set the release date for Fast & Furious 10. The film will be the first in a two-part finale to the franchise's central story, which will come to an end following the release of Fast & Furious 11. The blockbuster action series first kicked off in 2001 with the premiere of The Fast and the Furious, starring Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and the late Paul Walker.

Starting as a one-off, gritty action film that sees an LAPD cop go undercover among a crew of street car racers, the Fast & Furious franchise has since grown into a major spectacle built on incredibly high-budget action sequences, insane stunts and international heists. The latest instalment, F9, even saw cars thrown into space in what proved to be one of the franchise's most unrealistic (and fan-loved) moments. Over the series, the films' star-studded casts have included Diesel, Rodriguez and Walker, with other major roles played by Dwayne Johnson, Charlize Theron, Sung Kang, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Helen Mirren and Gal Gadot. After more than 20 years, however, the original Fast & Furious saga will come to an end. The two final films are set to be directed by Justin Lin, who has served as director on several other Fast projects. Earlier this year, it was revealed that Lin would be shooting the two parts back-to-back to shorten the waiting period between their releases.

Edited by Bosco685

On 8/18/2021 at 9:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The first one will always be the best one. Everything after the direct sequel is simply too ridiculous for me.

I liked the first one.  But as far as the sequels went, I genuinely liked the heist aspect for reinventing the series.  2, 3, 4 were just new versions of the first one while #5 was able to pull off something new without venturing into the ridiculous aspect.  Five was basically Ocean's 11 with cars and I really liked Ocean's 11. lol 

On 8/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Buzzetta said:

I liked the first one.  But as far as the sequels went, I genuinely liked the heist aspect for reinventing the series.  2, 3, 4 were just new versions of the first one while #5 was able to pull off something new without venturing into the ridiculous aspect.  Five was basically Ocean's 11 with cars and I really liked Ocean's 11. lol 

TBH I can't remember which is which after Tokyo Drift (which is the worst one IMO). I guess I don't really remember any of them from 4-6. I remember 7 only because it was Paul Walker's last.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

TBH I can't remember which is which after Tokyo Drift (which is the worst one IMO). I guess I don't really remember any of them from 4-6. I remember 7 only because it was Paul Walker's last.

Tokyo Drift was retconned to take place between 6 and 7.

5 was when they flee to Brazil with Dwayne Johnson sent in to track them down and instead they do a bank heist.

Give Hobbes and Shaw though a try.   It takes place after Fast 8.

On 8/18/2021 at 10:00 AM, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, two dodge chargers pulling a twenty ton bank vault down the streets of a major city, without it being on any type of trailer.  Nothing ridiculous about that.  ¬¬

On 8/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, media_junkie said:

Yeah, two dodge chargers pulling a twenty ton bank vault down the streets of a major city, without it being on any type of trailer.  Nothing ridiculous about that.  ¬¬

And I loved every second of it. 

Talking to Collider, Lin confirmed that both Fast & Furious 10 and 11 would be one chapter set across two films. He went on to explain that when he first joined the franchise a sequel "was not a given" and had to be "earned." With the franchise firmly established as a box office hit, however, Lin has now been given the green light to work on two more movies that will tell the final chapter of the main storyline. Read what Lin had to say about the next two films below:

“The idea of the last chapter being two films is correct. I have to say, I’m so glad — because I think when I first entered this franchise, a sequel was not a given. You had to earn it, you know? And so to be sitting here talking to you and go, ‘Oh yeah, there’s gonna be two more movies!’ I’m like, ‘Wow.’ It means a lot. So, every day when I wake up, I’m trying to reconfigure and make sure hopefully whatever we’re talking about process wise is gonna yield the best result. But I think having one chapter in two movies is correct. That’s where I sit today.”

Dwayne Johnson Details “Philosophical” Differences Between Himself & Vin Diesel Which Have Fueled Their Feud

Well, in a new interview with Vanity Fair, Johnson goes into the falling out between Diesel and himself on the set of the ‘Fast & Furious’ films, and why it’s unlikely the two are ever going to be friends.

While the issues didn’t begin with the eighth “Fast & Furious” film, “The Fate of the Furious,” it seems as if the spat become public around that time in 2017. With tensions reportedly high from previous films, Johnson decided that for “The Fate of the Furious,” he would return, but only if he didn’t share any scenes with Diesel. This was to mitigate the drama.

“I wanted to forgo drama,” he said. “I thought that that was the best thing to do. For everybody.”

The drama, of course, didn’t go away. It all seemed to boil over with a now-deleted Instagram post where Johnson called unnamed male co-stars in that film “candy asses.” While he knows it wasn’t the best idea to post that, he still says, “I meant what I said.” All of this led to a meeting between Johnson and Diesel, which didn’t necessarily end with the two men shaking hands and becoming best buds.

“Well, there was a meeting,” Johnson said. “I wouldn’t call it a peaceful meeting. I would call it a meeting of clarity. He and I had a good chat in my trailer, and it was out of that chat that it really became just crystal clear that we are two separate ends of the spectrum. And agreed to leave it there.”