• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 2:21 AM, COI said:

Why does this discussion all of a sudden hinge on Dan's involvement in the hobby? Is Dan the only critic of this video? Does Dan's involvement in the hobby have anything to do with either the argument being made in this video, or the claims being made against Heritage?

Did I say it did?  

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/26/2021 at 11:24 PM, kav said:

Dont put me in the same category with him.  He's flinging insults and I am merely stating my position in a mature fashion.

Wasn't trying to strike a nerve, was just an attempt at humor.  I agree @Domo Arigato shouldn't have gotten personal with his short bus comments. 

Edited by Flanders82

On 8/27/2021 at 2:23 AM, Buzzetta said:

Did I say it did?  

You said it "reframes the positions around here", and the last several pages have consisted of people arguing about whether or not Dan's involvement was common knowledge, and how that knowledge affects the conversation. 

So yeah, the conversation is certainly going in that direction, and there is an implied gravity to Dan's role in the conversation, despite the fact that he hasn't actually been the most vocal critic of the video. 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

Is that all you got out of it?

let me sum up

Heritage employs a crook.  The crook does crooked things to benefit himself and other crooks.  The crook has a history of being a crook and doing crooked things. 

Dan is not a crook. But, Dan and OTHER people like him while standing on the sidelines watching DO benefit from the actions of the crooks and the maintaining of the status quo. Therefore it does definitely lend insight as to the reasoning behind his argument. 

What about all the comic collectors consigning books to Heritage? 

To be clear, I'm not making a claim here, I'm trying to understand how Dan differs from any of the dozens or hundreds of COMIC collectors on here, reading this right now, who do business with Heritage. 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:33 AM, COI said:

What about all the comic collectors consigning books to Heritage? 

To be clear, I'm not making a claim here, I'm trying to understand how Dan differs from any of the dozens or hundreds of COMIC collectors on here, reading this right now, who do business with Heritage. 

I mentioned that… seriously I know it’s late / early but read what I wrote.  It gives me concern because I DO collect all the other stuff and have used heritage as an agent to acquire these things. 

On 8/27/2021 at 2:38 AM, Buzzetta said:

I mentioned that… seriously I know it’s late / early but read what I wrote.  It gives me concern because I DO collect all the other stuff and have used heritage as an agent to acquire these things. 

You're misinterpreting the intent of my posts/questions, and maybe that's my fault. I did read what you wrote, and that's why I'm responding to you, because you at least seem interested in engaging. 

I think it's unfair that the current of the conversation - not strictly your point/post - is drifting towards Dan and his involvement in the hobby because it's ultimately irrelevant, given the stuff you've pointed out. I agree with your take on the manipulation across multiple hobbies, believe it or not. As I've said many times now, it's possible to hold the view that this video has flaws, AND that there are problems with Heritage/Halperin's involvement in the hobby. These points are not mutually exclusive, except to those who insist on painting this issue in black/white.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:43 PM, Domo Arigato said:

You want me to stay on topic?  Like trying to decide how many man-breasts you want to see on a cover?

I wish that Plastic Man comic didn't have the polka dot guy or his breasts on the cover.   I like how you looked through my past posts to try to find something to criticize me over. I'm used to things over on the CBCS forum, where personal insults result in temporary suspensions.  I couldn't care less about staying on topic, but constant insults and bickering back and forth is quite annoying.   

Edited by Flanders82

On 8/27/2021 at 1:23 AM, Flanders82 said:

@Domo Arigato @kav Can you guys take your discussion to a private AOL chat room so we can get back on topic?

On 8/27/2021 at 1:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

I like both of you but I have to say the AOL chat room comment made me laugh. Lol 😂 

giphy-10.gif.8c363db517ea5b2499a3629f84e23054.gif

On 8/27/2021 at 2:25 AM, greggy said:

I remember tying up my phone line for hours and people complain that they couldn't reach me during the pre-cellphone days. 

Those were the days.. I had two separate lines one for the dial up and another land line.. although most of the time I used the original call block or ignore feature. 1728048186_220px-Trimphone_Off_Hook.JPG.0b24c6addcc6856ab46c1e98fb4d367d.JPG