• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 11:37 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Yes, I believe you're correct.  The lower values are CIB and the May 2020 was a B+ seal. I just picked something at random, wasn't necessarily trying to find something lower or higher, just grabbed something simple.   However, the eBay being months has existed for as far as I know.  Again, could be a difference between eBay.com and eBay.ca.  

Okay.

And I’ll assume you’re correct about ebay data point windows and that strengthens your argument.    However, I am telling you that from personal experience, the primary comp source in the hobby is HA data points.   I don’t even look at ebay sales personally, unless someone sends me a link.

So while you’re right that they may have some value, I’d argue it’s limited, particularly on this kind of common material where other data points abound.

Edited by Bronty

On 9/2/2021 at 11:45 PM, gpanalysis said:

This is untrue. And ComicConnect sales have been included for more than a decade (and continue to be). So are many other venues, all outlined here:

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/partners-and-suppliers/cgc-online-auction

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/partners-and-suppliers/dealer-consignment

For CGC books, it's the most comprehensive pricing report and the fact we do include sales from a range of auction houses & online dealers means that statistically you are going to get the best gauge of pricing for most books.

Just wanted to correct the misinformation. 

Thanks George. No malice intended, thanks for clearing it up. I thought at one time Comic-connect pulled their data, must have been a mis remembering on my part. 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:39 PM, skypinkblu said:

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I was glad to see Andrew, Roger and Jason posting, because I hope that means you are all OK. I know there are a lot more boarders in the Metro area. Hope everyone is safe.

:foryou:

He actually came to mind when my friend in MI posted to our Discord about the evacuations near LI/NY. :sick:

Spoiler

The :sick: is to elicit laughter.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 9/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Thanks George. No malice intended, thanks for clearing it up. I thought at one time Comic-connect pulled their data, must have been a mis remembering on my part. 

That was CL.They wanted to be selective with which sales they wanted to report, and were excluded. I don't know if anything has changed since that time, but that's what you might have been referring to.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:33 AM, Buzzetta said:

I was lucky. I got some water that came up through the concrete floor of the furnished basement.  Not fun but doable.  It dampened the area and I have been drying it out since yesterday. 

For fun Long Island bad weather antics...

This instagram account posted people's videos.  Storms stink but there is something interesting about kayaking down main street in Northport. 

https://www.instagram.com/longislandwiseguy/

I'm a little disappointed.  How did the Kayak bro not have a  White Claw in his hand???

On 9/3/2021 at 10:51 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I'm a little disappointed.  How did the Kayak bro not have a  White Claw in his hand???

I ever send you the picture of me on a large inflatable unicorn pool float, half passed out floating in a pool, in the middle of the Jones Beach parking lot? 

That was Jimmy Buffett I believe. 

On 9/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Wolverinex said:
On 9/3/2021 at 10:11 AM, Buzzetta said:

I ever send you the picture of me on a large inflatable unicorn pool float, half passed out floating in a pool, in the middle of the Jones Beach parking lot? 

That was Jimmy Buffett I believe. 

Glad to hear you are okay. 

You and I have different definitions of "okay."

On 9/3/2021 at 8:34 AM, comicwiz said:

Covers some of the glaring misdirection and narratives to downplay the scandal, as well as concrete examples of breaching statutes/laws - worth a watch

image.png.c6934a17c9944906f388b176f29bf798.png

Even Dylan (the host of the interview ) thinks Karl doesn’t have a clue bro. 

D1D55B92-5A06-4F7F-895B-E98DC983C561.png

Man O' Man if I had to spend 250K (assuming it was sitting in my bank) within 24 hours and you asked me for a detailed list of what I would spend it on - I can promise you this of the potential 10,000+ objects-things I would include in my list - a sealed video game(s) would never make my cut:devil:   Perhaps I am showing my age and/or ignorance here but I just don't see any future upside to this suddenly if not insanely highly valued and now 'questionable to some' collectible. It feels as if hysteria & mania is driving this particular market with a loyal mob in tow. Only time can prove me wrong. My lousy-2-cents. :preach:

"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes.  But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor." - Neil Gaiman

On 9/3/2021 at 1:01 PM, Roger66 said:

Man O' Man if I had to spend 250K (assuming it was sitting in my bank) within 24 hours and you asked me for a detailed list of what I would spend it on - I can promise you this of the potential 10,000+ objects-things I would include in my list - a sealed video game(s) would never make my cut:devil:   Perhaps I am showing my age and/or ignorance here but I just don't see any future upside to this suddenly if not insanely highly valued and now 'questionable to some' collectible. It feels as if hysteria & mania is driving this particular market with a loyal mob in tow. Only time can prove me wrong. My lousy-2-cents. :preach:

"It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes.  But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor." - Neil Gaiman

I totally respect that, nothing wrong with that viewpoint at all.     I see speculation.   What I don’t see is manipulation.    I hope people appreciate the difference.   Buying something because you think it will be valuable - there’s nothing wrong with that.    Being somehow taken advantage of - a totally different thing.