• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

We actually agree on that point as well.  I absolutely think questions need to be asked.  But that isn't what's happening.  And it's certainly not what's happening in this thread.  I have always enjoyed your posts.....but I'm going to use your posts as an example of what I'm talking about.

You kept bringing up the point......along with what seemed like veiled accusations......that Mark was able to sell all of his games on Ebay above market value.  You even stated that you could see this happening once......or twice......or maybe even three times......but for it to happen continuously, something must be going on.

I kept saying that it happens all the time without anything nefarious going on, but it did not good.  Something crooked MUST be happening.

Then I posted proof of another seller I've watched for over 10 years that does EXACTLY this.  He lists his books way above market, AND he sells the at above market.  He does this consistently.  He obviously doesn't sell a lot of books each month (maybe 4 or 5)....but he gets his prices because he wait for the people to come along that want his items now and is willing to pay above market.

Once I posted this proof, nothing else was said of the matter.  That was it.  Time for everyone to move onto a different unproven accusation.  Guilty until proven innocent.  That's not asking questions, and it's not the way to get to the bottom of things.

It goes back to bronty's point below.....it is exhausting.....and on top of that, it's disappointing.

I get your point. What I was saying was that he’s breaking market while it’s available elsewhere at lower prices. To me it’s like someone paying $1000 for avengers 8 when everyone else is paying $500. Why? Like I said to you, if he was dangling until market catches up to his desired price point id agree with you. But I posted sales that are around the same time and they are NOT in line. If he sells a game 6 month after the last data point I can understand your argument. When the game sells on Tuesday for $200 and another copy will likely pop up for the same price on Sunday why are people ROUTINELY saying naw I need it NOW, $400 it is. That doesn’t sit well with me.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:35 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Once I posted this proof, nothing else was said of the matter.  That was it.  Time for everyone to move onto a different unproven accusation.  Guilty until proven innocent.  That's not asking questions, and it's not the way to get to the bottom of things.

This is how I feel after making multiple, detailed posts on the flaws in the video and the "reporting" around this issue. Someone says something along the lines of critics of the video/Abramson being too invested in games or prejudiced, I say the arguments suck and here's why, followed by a changing in gears for several pages, until the conversation again circles back to "prejudice" against Jobst or Abramson.

On 9/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I get your point. What I was saying was that he’s breaking market while it’s available elsewhere at lower prices. To me it’s like someone paying $1000 for avengers 8 when everyone else is paying $500. Why? Like I said to you, if he was dangling until market catches up to his desired price point id agree with you. But I posted sales that are around the same time and they are NOT in line. If he sells a game 6 month after the last data point I can understand your argument. When the game sells on Tuesday for $200 and another copy will likely pop up for the same price on Sunday why are people ROUTINELY saying naw I need it NOW, $400 it is. That doesn’t sit well with me.

I get it.....and believe me, I know that stuff doesn't always make any sense whatsoever......but it happens all the time.  I've just about given up trying to make any sense out of the comic book market.....let alone the video game market.  

We've all seen it happen.  We've even seen it happen in the same auction with a lower and higher grade.  Two copies of the same book will come up for sale in the same auction.....one a CGC 9.2 and the other a CGC 9.4.  

And the CGC 9.2 will sell for more, for whatever the hell reason the universe put into the buyers head.  Perhaps the buyer thought it was better centered......or perhaps the 9.4 had a spine tick while the 9.2 had other defects but no spine ticks and the 9.2 buyer hates spine ticks.  Or perhaps the 9.2 buyer is just too lazy to look at all the books, saw the 9.2 and decided to bid on it.  

Not everyone takes the time to research out all the possibilities before they purchase.  Some people come across an item they want and just buy it.  That's what these sellers are waiting for.  The book I pointed out in my earlier post that sold for $495.......one sold in the same grade a month prior to that for $175.  Was it just laziness and not being willing to search out better deals?  Or did he just come across the $495 book, decide he wants it, and buy it.  Who knows?  I only know it happens.  The seller I pointed out earlier ROUTINELY sells his books for above market.  He's been on Ebay for over two decades and it's his entire method of operation.  Go there and look at his Ebay store......look at his prices......it's how he operates and it works for him.

Edited by Domo Arigato

In reference to the seller I'm talking about in my above post......I went and picked out one of his books at random to give an idea of what I'm talking about.

Here is one of his listings:

Action.jpg.0bd8e724ffabaf4332219c23af39b8ec.jpg

Here is the most recent GPA data for that book in CGC 9.6 grade:

733367199_Actionprice.jpg.15cf39d1d4b6e442a497bf706dc32d6e.jpg

He....does.....not.....care. 

There is no "best offer" option on the listing.  It will sell for his price or it will not sell.  I'm not posting that as a dig against him.  It's his book and he can price it how he likes.  That's just how he chooses to sell and it works for him.  The right buyer comes along eventually and he sells about 4 or 5 books a month above market.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/3/2021 at 7:01 PM, bpc3qh said:

What in the damn hell is this?

Seems legit and not at all like more nonsense from another loon......manipulating the market.......10's of dollars at a time. 

Definitive proof the entire game collecting market is a catastrophe now.

:facepalm:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, Domo Arigato said:

In reference to the seller I'm talking about in my above post......I went and picked out one of his books at random to give an idea of what I'm talking about.

There is no "best offer" option on the listing.  It will sell for his price or it will not sell.  I'm not posting that as a dig against him.  It's his book and he can price it how he likes.  That's just how he chooses to sell and it works for him.  The right buyer comes along eventually and he sells about 4 or 5 books a month above market.

Sure, we have all seen insane listings. Especially in the comic art market. But I’m not talking about asking prices, I wanna see what his sales look like against gpa. Meaning, is he getting people to hit for  $200 when gpa is 95? Even more so, the book you picked is somewhat rare. 6 sales in grade in 4 years? I can understand someone saying screw it to market prices if they need the book in grade. Most of the games I posted were 2/3 ha specific sales around the exact same time frame as the eBay sale.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:38 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But the difference is waiting x amount of time for the market to meet his price vs. selling now when the market has not met his price. 

On 9/3/2021 at 7:25 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Sure, we have all seen insane listings. Especially in the comic art market. But I’m not talking about asking prices, I wanna see what his sales look like against gpa. Meaning, is he getting people to hit for  $200 when gpa is 95? Even more so, the book you picked is somewhat rare. 6 sales in grade in 4 years? I can understand someone saying screw it to market prices if they need the book in grade. Most of the games I posted were 2/3 ha specific sales around the exact same time frame as the eBay sale.

I posted all of that information in my previous post yesterday......the one that got no response from you. :facepalm:

I posted actual sales he's made ABOVE market against GPA.  One of them, his most recent feedback, was for a $495 sale he made in August, when the same book in the same grade sold for $175 in July.  Come on, Jay......I'm starting to wonder if you collect wine as well and are dipping into your collection. 

And the book I showed a few posts above is not rare at all.  Many sellers have just started using the same M.O. as this seller, and this book, among many others, don't sell often.

There are SEVERAL CGC graded copies of this book for sale on Ebay right NOW. 

ALL priced higher than market price. 

It's what a lot of people do now.  That's my whole point.

Hello!!!.......Is this thing on???

It seems like you want to find the boogeyman under that rock.......I'm just not seeing it.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, wombat said:

But the difference is waiting x amount of time for the market to meet his price vs. selling now when the market has not met his price. 

Again.......I posted actual sales he's made where the market had not met his price.

He sells ABOVE market prices.  I posted the proof of this yesterday.  I'm beginning to question if anyone is even paying attention to actual facts in here.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/3/2021 at 9:56 PM, COI said:

If this is real, it's funny, and if it's fake, it's funny.

Catastrophe? Do words have meaning anymore?

No one has to buy any of this krapollla. This is the key thing all the pearl clutchers have to come to terms with. This isn't baby formula or malaria medication; this isn't even a scalper trying to scalp tickets for a show you might never get another chance to see. 

These are collectibles. Pay or don't pay; if people agree with you and no one pays, eventually prices come down. If people don't agree with you and pull the trigger, well then I guess that's the price now. If people are manipulating sales data to set new prices, well, again, I guess that's the price now. Manipulation can't last, eventually real buyers either emerge or they don't. NO ONE IS TAPPING YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. 

Don't do business with people you don't like; don't pay the asking price if that price doesn't make sense to you; don't enter into a market you know is unregulated, where lots of money is changing hands, and be shocked at the gamesmanship; and if you find actual EVIDENCE of ILLEGAL activity, by all means, pass it on to  the proper authorities. 

None of this is a defense of manipulation, it's a counter to all the hysterics. You're in control.

Now that’s a great post Andrew....

1534FCCD-3D62-4987-88E1-0DAED5D7C4FF.gif