• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/11/2021 at 12:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

And this is exactly what I thought might happen.  Anything that Heritage is involved in will lead to speculation that they are messing around behind the scenes.  This is a screen cap of a text I received on Thursday. 

Screenshot 2021-09-11 at 12.01.25 PM.jpeg

Just assume no since there's no transparency or accountability.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:49 PM, valiantman said:

You can't hold any part of the book, but you would legally own 1%.  If it was $1,000,000 you wouldn't like to have claim to $10,000 of it instead of nothing at all?

Dubious.

When you "invest" with Rally, you don't own anything other than a call on the outcome when others sell something they own.

You're a flea on a dog out for a walk. At no time are you ever the dog, though you'll end up going the same distance as the dog.

At point-of-purchase you own nothing other than unfettered hope. Mostly hope the company doesn't go bankupt while you're still holding.

Because, as I'm sure everyone knows, you're very much an unsecured creditor in that situation and will get: nothing. No matter how much the underlying asset is worth. Everybody, but everybody gets paid out before you. It's guaranteed you will get nothing.

That's how fractional schemes work: the real owner retains physical and legal ownership of the asset and most of the ride up in exchange for passing essentially all risk off to you for the "cost" of a fraction of that same ride up. This is not new, there's nothing new under the sun. Except fresh suckers born every day.

The oldest version of this I'm aware of is that of real estate property tax, where you don't really own your property at all, the periodic tax is never-ending, always there, and the asset (your actual land and structure/s atop) is called back if it's not satisfied. Similarly, any "lease" scenario where all the costs of ownership accrue to you but the asset is essentially rented (and to be fair devalued over time/use) and returns to the true owner unless that full share is "bought out" at "lease" expiration.

We're all serfs, most of you just didn't know it. But some haven't gotten enough of that and want to "invest" even more... ;) and so...glta lol 

On 8/25/2021 at 4:59 PM, valiantman said:

... something similar to how you can own 0.1% of stock in a company without having any worry that you don't.

lol ...you don't.

As in you DO NOT. Robin Hood (or whoever) owns the stock. You do not. Just like a traditional mutual fund, in which you own shares of The Fund not the underlying shares The Fund actually owns. The good news is nobody owns any shares, whether fractionally or wholly. Are you using a broker? (Robinhood is a broker, so is Fidelity and TD Ameritrade, etc etc. So of course you are!) Cool. Then "your" shares (fractional or whole) are being held (owned, in the electronic ledger) in Street Name (Robinhood, Fidelity, TD Ameritrade, etc etc etc) not your name with the Despository Trust and Clearing Corporation. Seriously. The End. If you can't hold it in your hand...you don't own shinola.

Next?

On 9/13/2021 at 5:29 PM, comicwiz said:

image.png.8f5473bf8aaf352ca6139ac6b922fc72.png

This is how Heritage photographs every single game they auction to eliminate glare from the case.

All of them.

Seth Abramson is really reaching.

It's what he does.  He came to a conclusion.....and now he's reaching for anything that he can twist enough to look like it supports that conclusion.  Again, that's not what someone looking for the truth does.

There was a VGA graded video game posted on Facebook recently (I believe it was graded 8.0 or 8.5) and it had MASSIVE amounts of mold on it.  It was later revealed that the game was in a location that flooded.....and graded video games are not sealed air tight.....so mold can form in them quickly after grading if the conditions are right.

Should Heritage have caught it?  They should have.  Just like CGC should catch when they seal a comic in a slab upside down.   Or when they put the wrong label on a comic when they slab it.  Or when they slab a comic and destroy a corner by pinching it in the seal.  Stuff happens.  Things get missed.  There's not always a conspiracy behind it.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, vodou said:

Yes.

Unequivocally.

That's part of what they're taking fees on both ends for...due diligence.

#fail

Sure.  Fees are supposed to fix everything.

Now enjoy this thread with 876 posts and 81,000 views.  

On 9/13/2021 at 8:30 PM, vodou said:

No. I don't care. Firm position stated. Done.

lol 

And I agree with part of your position.

What I don't agree with.......is some loon, like this Seth Abramson guy, running all over the internet and screaming "CONSPIRACY" at every single thing he can find.....even simple mistakes.  

It only weakens his stance, for someone that's willing to look at his ramblings with a critical eye.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/13/2021 at 9:37 PM, Domo Arigato said:

And I agree with part of your position.

What I don't agree with.......is some loon, like this Seth Abramson guy, running all over the internet and screaming "CONSPIRACY" at every single thing he can find.....even simple mistakes.  

It only weakens his stance, for someone that's willing to look at his ramblings with a critical eye.

We can have a quick conversation here.

I've read all 60 pages of this thing, I know where you (and others) stand re: Seth (and Jobst).

Me: no comment.

Why: because it doesn't matter.

The content of the message is what I'm looking at.

The YT video, the articles, there are legitimate issues that have been raised as counters to Jobst's and Seth's case. There's certainly some slant and "gotcha!" stuff going on with them too. I can fade that, hopefully you and everyone else can too, right along with both of them being professional, privileged, white, males (among many other attributes that do not matter at all -to the situation at hand). Including their 'style' of reporting. None of that matters...not when I see the graded case and the mold.

Unless the pictures are faked, the rest doesn't matter. Mold. Garbage. Garbage. Garbage. And I bet Heritage will lean on "well, it's graded, no returns blah blah" unless...this page of CGC (and Seth's posts elsewhere) get a lot of play and becomes a PR issue for them. But what about the next guy, the nice guy, that just calls and asks nicely...he will not get that return offer, IMO.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, vodou said:

The YT video, the articles, there are legitimate issues that have been raised as counters to Jobst's and Seth's case. There's certainly some slant and "gotcha!" stuff going on with them too. I can fade that, hopefully you and everyone else can too, right along with both of them being professional, privileged, white, males (among many other attributes that do not matter at all -to the situation at hand). Including their 'style' of reporting. None of that matters...not when I see the graded case and the mold.

Unless the pictures are faked, the rest doesn't matter. Mold. Garbage. Garbage. Garbage. And I bet Heritage will lean on "well, it's graded, no returns blah blah" unless...this page of CGC (and Seth's posts elsewhere) get a lot of play and becomes a PR issue for them. But what about the next guy, the nice guy, that just calls and asks nicely...he will not get that return offer, IMO.

There could be legitimate issues there.....but if there are, they're hidden behind all of the random conspiracy theories the two of them are posting all over the internet.  As I've said before.....if someone comes along that's actually knowledgeable about the hobby and truly interested in finding out the truth.....no matter what the conclusion is......then maybe we'll get somewhere.  Seth Abramson is not that person.  He came to his conclusion first....and now he's trying to twist everything he can find to fit that conclusion.  Sorry, not buying it.

And I already addressed the mold issue. 

With regards to WATA.......their cases (and VGA's) are not air tight.  Mold can form in any of them soon after grading if the conditions are right.  Same as with slabbed comics.  I tried to find the high grade VGA game recently posted on Facebook that had massive amounts of mold on it, but their search function stinks....perhaps @Brontymight be able to find and post it.  Also, if WATA does come across a game sent to them for grading that already has mold on it, they now have a new label that will highlight this fact.

With regards to Heritage.  It's possible they missed the mold if it was present when they received it.  This stuff happens.  People are human.  Unless everyone thinks that CGC is deliberately mislabeling comic books as they grade them.......or purposefully slabbing comics upside down in the case........or another of 100's of other mistakes pointed out in that thread I linked to.  It's not proof of some massive conspiracy, as Seth Abramson would have people believe.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, vodou said:

Lotta words that distract and have little to do with the only thing that matters here: will Heritage take the return? The end.

We don't know.  

Which, until we do, effectively means that has little to do with anything that matters either.

Edited by Domo Arigato