• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exposing FRAUD And DECEPTION - A Must Watch!
18 18

1,299 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2021 at 4:54 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You’re acting as if the shenanigans in the comic industry got a free pass.  They didn’t.  

Not at all.  I agree the comic industry didn't get a free pass.  People just gave up on trying to do anything about it.  And the hobby/industry is currently enjoying record success.  Do you think the comic hobby is now fixed?  Do you think the "questionable" actors with their "questionable" behavior quietly went away?  And the same will happen with games.  People will gnash their teeth and clutch their pearls for a while.....and then everybody will be served a nice juicy hamburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo and relish (hold the meat, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo and relish).

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/2/2021 at 4:19 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 9/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, COI said:

fuck-logic-no-logic.gif

Care to elaborate?:juggle:

That's a job best left for your parents, Chris.  (tsk)

On 9/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I’ve read this post 4 times, and I’m still confused.

giphy.gif

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, Roger66 said:

I cannot help but skim though this 50-page thread and just smirk if not wince with derision :flamed:.  We are talking about video games, which not too long ago were not worth much.  The sheer greed and finger-pointing that oozes from these pages with a sense of righteous judicious indignation is laughable if not ironic.  Right now it seems the next rage is sealed VHS tapes, next year it'll be old cereal boxes and the year after that Wacky-Pack cards, then in 2026 it'll be happy-meal toys and so on and so forth.  Everyone angling to make a buck off articles of our past and capitalize off everyone's avarice, regret for not saving said throw-away items and lust.  No one puts a gun to any bidder's head regardless if the auction was fixed or not.  Every market to some extent even those in a free democratic society has some higher-up controls in place that to others might seem manipulative if not price-fixing.  When does personal responsibility and freedom of choice come into play in this or any collectible market for that matter?  When does someone stand up and say enough is a enough - this item is not worth $1,000 or $10,000 or a million and simply turn their computer off?  :ohnoez:The answer is likely never as long as there is another fool to pay more than what you just paid upon the final hammer's call.  My lousy 2-cents. :preach:  

“In a marketplace, perception is more powerful than reality.”
 Naved Abdali

Bravo!!! :golfclap:

On 9/2/2021 at 6:11 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

My parents are dead.  But thanks for bringing them into this....:baiting:

I meant when you were young......like when you could still ride your skateboard.:sorry:

Shoot me a PM and I'll go over it with you. :baiting:

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/2/2021 at 11:45 AM, Bronty said:

Furthermore, does the fact he’s selling them for best offer on eBay suggest he’s manipulating the market?    Why does he need offers if it’s all rigged?    

If he’s interested in manipulating the market, why is he using eBay where the data points expire after a couple weeks instead of heritage where they are permanent record?

Unless… wait for it… maybe he ISN’T a criminal mastermind?     You never know though, you can’t trust someone connected to Putin, right?

You're absolutely right, you can look at the history.  I've got nothing better to do, so I did.

Six of Haspel's last video game feedbacks are viewable.  3 of those 6 sales were almost assuredly procured from Heritage.  Here's the breakdown.

In November 2020 HA sold an open box containing 6 sealed red box Space invaders all sealed.  Hammer price?  $3840 or $640 per game.  Last month M*S*H sold a Space Invaders red box on eBay (On August 2nd)  for $1100 that was graded "12/17/20" and contains the annotation "From Opened Factory 6-pack".  From that same auction "someone" bought a factory six pack of Secret Quest for $990, or $165 a game, and guess what, last month (Aug 27) M*S*H sold a Secret Quest 9.6 A++  for $249.99, which was graded "12/17/20" and contains the annotation "From Opened Factory 6-pack".  From the same auction, "someone" bought a 9.6 NS Intellivision Donkey Kong for $630.  The same copy was sold by M*S*H for Buy it Now/BO for $750    

Now with the first two, I can give Haspel the benefit of the doubt.  MAYBE it's just a coincidence that 3 weeks earlier than getting them graded boxes just HAPPENED to sell, sure.   Same with the Donkey Kong.  MAYBE someone bought it on Heritage and then sold it to Haspel who turned around and sold it on eBay.  MAYBE.  But hoofbeats and all that...

So, Mark was able to successfully flip every single one of his acquisitions.  I have no idea where he got the other 3 games from, the grade dates don't match up with any of the sold boxes and I don't see the Cert having been sold on HA, so I am assuming that they were not acquired through HA.  

Going deeper, I looked through his feedback, I cannot find any feedback of Haspel selling WATA graded games before sometime last year.   More interesting, EVERY sale is BIN/OBO.  So I started running down some sales.  

Now again, to give Haspel the benefit of the doubt, I can't view the cert.  I can't view the seal grade on his copy.  So MAYBE there is a slight difference between HA sales and Haspel's copy and thats why Haspel gets a better price.  But... again that smell test.

Raiders of the Lost Ark 9.6

HA March 2021 $336 MSH "Past 6 Months" $875 obo

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.0

HA No direct comp, 8.0 A++,   Feb 2021 $240, 8.5 A++ Feb 2021 $288, Open box 3 pac April 2021 $432 ($144 per game).  MSH "Past 6 Months" $425 obo

Raiders of the Lost Ark 9.4 Atari 2600

HA Jan 2021 9.4 NS $168, Feb 2021 9.4 NS $ 312, April 2021 9.4 NS $210, August 2021 9.4 NS $168.  MSH "Past 6 months" $650 obo

Donky Kong 9.6 Intellivsion

HA Dec 2020 9.6 NS $444, Dec 2020 9.6 NS $432.  MSH "Past 6 Months" $750 obo

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.6

HA June 2021 9.6 NS $456.  MSH "Past 6 Months".  $1,750 obo

Jungle Hunt 9.0 A++

HA January 2021 $79.  MSH "Past 6 months".  $135 obo

The Earth Dies Screaming 9.6 Atari 2600

HA Jan 2021 $408.  June 2021 $312.  MSH "Past 6 months".  $750 obo.

OK I am going to stop here, I can do more later if you guys want but I need to make dinner.  But EVERY SINGLE LISTING is sold for OBO listed DOUBLE of market price in most cases (that Pac Man sticks out so I wonder if there is some reason he had it listed for such an insane amount).  But yea, this just adds to the smell test issue.  Not only is the guy who works with WATA selling WATA graded games, every single one is getting hit on the button for significantly more than the market at the time.  

On 9/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks.

Here's an old link from the late 1990s advertising Atari games (might just have been cartridges, might have been in the box, can't tell) for 80 cents each!

https://web.archive.org/web/19970418142603/http://www.oshealtd.com/

Sealed yeah.     I wasn’t quite around yet in the 90s but collector friends of mine who were bought a lot of these Atari games sealed for $1 ea or less.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, jaybuck43 said:

You're absolutely right, you can look at the history.  I've got nothing better to do, so I did.

Six of Haspel's last video game feedbacks are viewable.  3 of those 6 sales were almost assuredly procured from Heritage.  Here's the breakdown.

In November 2020 HA sold an open box containing 6 sealed red box Space invaders all sealed.  Hammer price?  $3840 or $640 per game.  Last month M*S*H sold a Space Invaders red box on eBay (On August 2nd)  for $1100 that was graded "12/17/20" and contains the annotation "From Opened Factory 6-pack".  From that same auction "someone" bought a factory six pack of Secret Quest for $990, or $165 a game, and guess what, last month (Aug 27) M*S*H sold a Secret Quest 9.6 A++  for $249.99, which was graded "12/17/20" and contains the annotation "From Opened Factory 6-pack".  From the same auction, "someone" bought a 9.6 NS Intellivision Donkey Kong for $630.  The same copy was sold by M*S*H for Buy it Now/BO for $750    

Now with the first two, I can give Haspel the benefit of the doubt.  MAYBE it's just a coincidence that 3 weeks earlier than getting them graded boxes just HAPPENED to sell, sure.   Same with the Donkey Kong.  MAYBE someone bought it on Heritage and then sold it to Haspel who turned around and sold it on eBay.  MAYBE.  But hoofbeats and all that...

So, Mark was able to successfully flip every single one of his acquisitions.  I have no idea where he got the other 3 games from, the grade dates don't match up with any of the sold boxes and I don't see the Cert having been sold on HA, so I am assuming that they were not acquired through HA.  

Going deeper, I looked through his feedback, I cannot find any feedback of Haspel selling WATA graded games before sometime last year.   More interesting, EVERY sale is BIN/OBO.  So I started running down some sales.  

Now again, to give Haspel the benefit of the doubt, I can't view the cert.  I can't view the seal grade on his copy.  So MAYBE there is a slight difference between HA sales and Haspel's copy and thats why Haspel gets a better price.  But... again that smell test.

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.0

HA No direct comp, 8.0 A++,   Feb 2021 $240, 8.5 A++ Feb 2021 $288, Open box 3 pac April 2021 $432 ($144 per game).  MSH "Past 6 Months" $425 obo

HA Jan 2021 9.4 NS $168, Feb 2021 9.4 NS $ 312, April 2021 9.4 NS $210, August 2021 9.4 NS $168.  MSH "Past 6 months" $650 obo

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.6

Jungle Hunt 9.0 A++

OK I am going to stop here, I can do more later if you guys want but I need to make dinner.  But EVERY SINGLE LISTING is sold for OBO listed DOUBLE of market price in most cases (that Pac Man sticks out so I wonder if there is some reason he had it listed for such an insane amount).  But yea, this just adds to the smell test issue.  Not only is the guy who works with WATA selling WATA graded games, every single one is getting hit on the button for significantly more than the market at the time.  

You mean he made $120 on a donkey Kong?? So like $50 after ebay fees?   Shoot, call the FBI. 

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, Roger66 said:

I cannot help but skim though this 50-page thread and just smirk if not wince with derision :flamed:.  We are talking about video games, which not too long ago were not worth much.  The sheer greed and finger-pointing that oozes from these pages with a sense of righteous judicious indignation is laughable if not ironic.  Right now it seems the next rage is sealed VHS tapes, next year it'll be old cereal boxes and the year after that Wacky-Pack cards, then in 2026 it'll be happy-meal toys and so on and so forth.  Everyone angling to make a buck off articles of our past and capitalize off everyone's avarice, regret for not saving said throw-away items and lust.  No one puts a gun to any bidder's head regardless if the auction was fixed or not.  Every market to some extent even those in a free democratic society has some higher-up controls in place that to others might seem manipulative if not price-fixing.  When does personal responsibility and freedom of choice come into play in this or any collectible market for that matter?  When does someone stand up and say enough is a enough - this item is not worth $1,000 or $10,000 or a million and simply turn their computer off?  :ohnoez:The answer is likely never as long as there is another fool to pay more than what you just paid upon the final hammer's call.  My lousy 2-cents. :preach:  

“In a marketplace, perception is more powerful than reality.”
 Naved Abdali

Well said brother!

On 9/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.0

Pac-Man Atari 5200 9.6

Jungle Hunt 9.0 A++

So you’re saying he was able to get his games graded very quickly even though he’s not an employee?!  or did he pay the rush fee to grade common Atari games?

and Bronty chiming in and cherry picking one data point where Haspel turned a $50 Profit just shows how biased he is in all of this.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, Charleybrown said:

So you’re saying he was able to get his games graded very quickly even though he’s not an employee?!  or did he pay the rush fee to grade common Atari games?

Do you know what the wait times were back then for all the tiers?  It was before the massive boom and rush to submit that occurred this year in the various collectible hobbies.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:34 PM, Charleybrown said:

and Bronty chiming in and cherry picking one data point where Haspel turned a $50 Profit just shows how biased he is in all of this.

@Brontydidn't cherry pick one data point.  He's being sarcastic.  Also it's not profit, since I  have no idea what Haspel paid.  It's how much he broke market by.  Market was at $444 but he listed for $306 more than market and got something.  

On 9/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Market was at $444 but he listed for $306 more than market and got something.  

But this is happening all the time in various hobbies.......especially now.

None of the collecting hobbies have made much sense for quite a while now.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, Domo Arigato said:

But this is happening all the time in various hobbies.......especially now.

None of the collecting hobbies have made much sense for quite a while now.

I disagree.  The market is on fire, no question.  But I've posted that EVERY sale I can trace not only is profitable for him, but it apparently breaks market price.  Happening once, sure no question, twice, ok, three times, hey everyone gets lucky.  But somehow EVERYTHING he touches turns to gold.  If you have a stock broker who is touting how all s/he does is pick winners, then it's just a matter of time before they own a nice new pair of sterling silver bracelets.  IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.  No-one is that good.  I've got plenty of comic books that are worth less than what I paid for them a few years ago (and I have plenty of books that are worth 10x what I paid)  But if EVERY sale I made was a GPA breaker, wouldn't you start to say "hey, what's he doing over there, how does he have so many record breakers ESPECIALLY for common books"

On 9/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I disagree.  The market is on fire, no question.  But I've posted that EVERY sale I can trace not only is profitable for him, but it apparently breaks market price.  Happening once, sure no question, twice, ok, three times, hey everyone gets lucky.  But somehow EVERYTHING he touches turns to gold.  If you have a stock broker who is touting how all s/he does is pick winners, then it's just a matter of time before they own a nice new pair of sterling silver bracelets.  IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.  No-one is that good.  I've got plenty of comic books that are worth less than what I paid for them a few years ago (and I have plenty of books that are worth 10x what I paid)  But if EVERY sale I made was a GPA breaker, wouldn't you start to say "hey, what's he doing over there, how does he have so many record breakers ESPECIALLY for common books"

I understand what you're saying, but I'll disagree with it.

There are comic sellers on eBay that I've watched for years.  They always have their books priced at ridiculous levels, and I kept telling myself they are never going to sell anything like that.  But they do.  Many price their books at well above market and wait for the right person to come along that just has to have it right now.  I don't purchase like that.....but some people do.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:22 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I understand what you're saying, but I'll disagree with it.

There are comic sellers on eBay that I've watched for years.  They always have their books priced at ridiculous levels, and I kept telling myself they are never going to sell anything like that.  But they do.  Many price their books at well above market and wait for the right person to come along that just has to have it right now.  I don't purchase like that.....but some people do.

There is a difference between fishing and waiting for someone to buy it and my having Jay help me establish a fake sale to manipulate the market. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

There is a difference between fishing and waiting for someone to buy it and my having Jay help me establish a fake sale to manipulate the market. 

The Atari market has been mostly down the last six months or a year.    Are you arguing he’s manipulating it downwards ? 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:07 PM, jaybuck43 said:

So what's your hypothesis? Even if I accept everything you say, I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to conclude. If a guy sets up an ebay store with fixed price listings, he's going to list stuff for more than he paid. He's getting his asking prices, or close to them (obo), therefore....what? 

Either he's faking sales, which means no one is being taken, or these are real sales, in which case he listed stuff and people bought it. Help me out here.