• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS Pressing and CGC cancelling it?

6 posts in this topic

So I submitted 25 books recently, I could have sworn I requested CCS pressing on all 25 books just to be sure as I'm new to this and don't 100% trust my grading skills yet. I just got a message that the books are in process finally, and 8 of the 25 are going to grading, but the other 17 are going to CCS. So I will double check my invoice tonight to make sure I did everything correctly, but I had the random thought that CGC might look at your books and if they determine CCS won't help the grade, do they take it upon themselves to help out the customer and cancel the CCS request? All of the 8 books are moderns and were in great shape...I wouldn't be surprised if they would have all made 9.8 anyway....just a random thought.....kind of a nice concept if they thought they were all 9.8 or better and saved me the effort and cost. :)

On 8/23/2021 at 7:54 PM, NumminzAK said:

All of the 8 books are moderns and were in great shape...I wouldn't be surprised if they would have all made 9.8 anyway....just a random thought.....kind of a nice concept if they thought they were all 9.8 or better and saved me the effort and cost. :)

I don't think CGC offers screening for modern tier.  Although, they might have if you submitted them into a different tier.  

Edited by comicdonna

I will definitely have to check my original submission form later today when I'm back at home. Its just been so long I don't recall being alright with not requesting CCS pressing on any of them.

Edited by NumminzAK

What did Cgc customer service say when you called them about the order you made with them and asked them about the CGC order you made?

No disrespect to CGC but I doubt they are that nice to offer free pre-screening (which usually requires a submission of 50+ books).  If you requested a pressing they are going to do it wither the books benefits or not.  Sounds like it is an error imo.  Keep us posted if you can, be nice to know that CGC will take care of you like that.