• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I ditched PayPal

18 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 AM, Finhead said:

Curious what is the alternative in Canada? Non of the others seem to support anyplace out of the US.

I would say Email money transfer, Credit Card transactions, and in the long term digital currency will take over.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:50 AM, romanheart said:

I would say Email money transfer, Credit Card transactions, and in the long term digital currency will take over.

I see, Mainly asking about how you would do transactions between the US or other countries without paypal. At this point there just doesn't  seem to be a alternative.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:51 AM, romanheart said:

What happened there? My guess is some terms of service BS.

I clicked on their new crypto offering to review costs, how it works, etc. Account was locked 24 hour later due to "unusual activity" and apparently I accessed their site from a non-secure VPN (work laptop). They requested a bunch of personal info to unlock the account and I was like, "Meh. F it."

Edited by snitzer

On 8/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, Finhead said:

I see, Mainly asking about how you would do transactions between the US or other countries without paypal. At this point there just doesn't  seem to be a alternative.

Well all the dealers and auction houses take cards.. If you insist on Paypal, then I am SOL, but I feel better having left them.

Edited by romanheart

On 8/26/2021 at 7:11 PM, romanheart said:

I had enough of the payment system.

Their support service went downhill. I went out of may way to not use it. They snuck in a $20 inactivity fee in Canada. That was the last straw for me.

I hope others move away from PayPal to another service.

u can try payoneer tho. I personally find it much better. You can also enjoy crossplatform sharing but they do cost 30 USD for a year of inactivity. 

On 8/26/2021 at 7:11 AM, romanheart said:

They snuck in a $20 inactivity fee in Canada.

I would derail this by merely sending someone a $1 dollar every whatever the time limit is.