• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting 7.5 vs 9.0 , curious
2 2

20 posts in this topic

My initial guesses are it was under-graded and perhaps the covers had a lot of creases or finger-bends that were imperceptible in the original slab.

I had a CGC 7.5 that looked terrific. I cracked it open and only then could I see the front cover showed heavy-handling. I pressed it and it's now likely VF/NM.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:37 AM, joeypost said:

It probably had the right defects. Not uncommon for a huge jump in grade like this to happen if a large non-color bend or crease is removed. 

Is it possible to press a hard ncb crease all the way out (to where any fiber damage can't be seen with the naked eye), or is the visible impact just lessened? I've never been clear on the limits of pressing ncb creases.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:43 PM, rjpb said:

Is it possible to press a hard ncb crease all the way out (to where any fiber damage can't be seen with the naked eye), or is the visible impact just lessened? I've never been clear on the limits of pressing ncb creases.

All depends on the type of paper and where on the book. 

On 8/31/2021 at 4:36 AM, Changer said:

I just bought the 9.0 and found an earlier 7.5 version of it sold (image below) before it was presumbly CPR, no notes available on the 7.5.

can you tell how without notes how this books has jumped so much in grade? 

RADC12D120191115_10950.jpg

00284101690000113865047001.jpg

Oh hey... look at that... the pq got better too... 

once again, why I never pay a premium for 'white pages'.  I have seen PQ change between CPR's as well.   Some go from OW to OWW and sometimes OWW to White.