• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show September 26: Back to the spacious adult school, tons of new vendors

26 posts in this topic

Tim and I are happy to announce that the Berkeley Adult School has just started renting the big room again and we have our next comic show on Sunday, September 26. Thanks to those of you who braved the Veterans Hall a month ago, but we are back to the usual place with twice the comics and big, free parking lot.

The vendor lineup not only has the return of CWcomicsales, Ray Storch, and myself, but at least five new to the show vendors, so there will be a huge amount of fresh stuff. A lot of dealers will be able to return to their full 16 feet setups as well.

We do have one change, which should help us socially distance just a tad. Early admission from 11 to noon will now be $15 and admission from noon to five will stay at $10.

Wormboy is killing it on the Instagram @berkeleycomicshow

(Can't make this show? Our next show after this is on Saturday, November 6.)

Current Vendor list, with a few notes:

A-1 Comics

Lee's Comics (has a killer new Marvel collection)

Shortboxed

Champion Comics

Heroes

CW Comic Sales

Worlds of Wonder (EdgerX) (highlights from a great new collection)

MDComics Plus (going to have 28 feet of table space there!)

ComicWeb

Brett's Comics

Harvey Doss (bringing his entire brick and mortar store--180 shortboxes)

Drag Strip Comics (Lou spent the pandemic picking off key book after key book, including lots of esoteric stuff)

House of Comics (way more than I brought to San Jose)

Kalen's Collectibles (at the last show, specializing in 80s and up slabs)

Santa Rosa Comics (hundreds of new ten cent books, albeit more Dell than the exciting companies)

Ray Storch

JCTComics

DevcoComics (check out the IG)

Bronze Age Batcave (always getting new boxes from CGC)

Sacto Sanctorum (generally 80s and up)

Castle of Doom (some big oldschool toys, some comics)

Reminder, the website has a wantlist feature which we share with all the vendors. Sure, if you're looking for NM 98 or IH 181, people are going to bring their copies. But for the esoteric stuff that maybe a dealer will leave at the warehouse, it's good to get your request in early. Some of these guys have serious, serious comics at home. (Except Harvey, who is bringing the whole store!)

Would you like A-1 Comics to bring a specific issue or item to the Berkeley show?  hm

If you're looking for specific, non-key, Silver Age, Bronze Age, and/or post-1980 issues to help complete your title runs, shoot me a PM that defines (1) the specific issues you seek and (2) your acceptable grade range for each issue.  If we have any of your wants in stock, we can bring 'em along for your in-person review at the Sunday, September 26th Berkeley show.  These "special requests" will NOT be treated as commitments to buy, so don't be bashful!  :foryou:

Raw (uncertified), non-key issues only -- especially if they're not Marvel titles!  We have thousands of vintage Charlton, DC, Dell and Gold Key books in stock that rarely get taken to shows.  Although we regularly sell to other dealers, this call is intended to help the title run collectors out there, not flippers looking for the latest and greatest "hot" issues.  So please, no requests for Fantastic Four #5!  (tsk)

Also, A-1 Comics currently has over 3000 items in its eBay store.  If anything catches your eye, but you'd like to avoid the shipping charge, Brian & Lanvin would be happy to do a cash-and-carry transaction at the show.  (thumbsu

Have a special request?  Just PM me on/before Wednesday, September 22nd.  BWR3FXU.gif PM zzutak

Edited by zzutak

On 9/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, Scoobydiesel said:

I wont be able to make this, and I believe the next showing as well. But its only about 3hours from me so I would love to make the trip at some point. Chico area needs more shows too...

Hope you can make it sometime--people travel a good ways for this show and keep coming back.