• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Idea PINS (1st inline/1st to buy/still didnt get em)
1 1

69 posts in this topic

This (general theme of thread) is the most valid criticism of Bad Idea ... they put the burden of their stupid business ideas on small retailers to execute and it creates ill will toward those small retailers. ^ see also screed of all caps above... I mean WTF now they are yelling at us!? ^ 

Under produce/ship Eniac 1st

Hero Trade 1 per store 

Sell this $1 comic... a net negative venture... for 1 day only, and after your shift ship it back same day

Passive to one coast and Aggressive to another (but we don't do variants)

Stupid azz pins, ala Valiant golds

Meanwhile Bad Idea can just be glib and laugh it off because it was, after all, a Bad Idea 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er
Post edited by Wertham

On 9/16/2021 at 4:14 PM, juniorMC said:

one is to mail the pins to and the other looks to be like a parent company, so I'm not sure what address I should write to.

Well if recent history is any indication...

Stop there. 

Create a thread. 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:25 PM, juniorMC said:

Looked at the receipt for that purchase and guess what,  the guy put that I purchased Hero trade passive aggressive and not Monster Kill Squad or Pyrate Queen.  SEE PIC.  

No way in hell would I drive an hour away, get there a half hour before the store opens to get passive aggressive.  THAT'S JUST STUPID. This pisses me off even more.  

20210916_140952.jpg

Did you really not look at the receipt until 15 days later?

On 9/16/2021 at 5:21 PM, juniorMC said:

u just said it.  now do u see why i'm pissed.  I go there to pick up a couple hundred dollars and they give me $7 and keep the couple hundred for themselves.

Isn't the pin for a copy of passive aggressive?  At this point,  it's probably not worth the anger over 15 bucks... just don't buy from them anymore

On 9/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, Wolverinex said:

Isn't the pin for a copy of passive aggressive?  At this point,  it's probably not worth the anger over 15 bucks... just don't buy from them anymore

The final five sticker is for another copy of either passive or aggressive.  Some think it might come with something "extra" for the effort of going "all in".

So far only 2 of the pin uses have been revealed and that is for a copy of either Werewolf or Retirement Plan and is the only way to get either book at this point.

There will be other uses of the pins as well but so far they have said the ONLY use of the FF sticker is for the P/A book.

Edited by Crops068
typo

On 9/16/2021 at 9:00 PM, Turnando said:

Nobody kept a couple hundred bucks.  That pin is garbage. There is lots of junk on eBay looking for suckers to buy it.

If all you care about is the money you could have gotten from some sucker on eBay I definitely don't feel as sorry for you as I did when I first saw you losing your mess over a piece of garbage.

First off, I don't give a S about yours or anybody else's sympathies.  I asked for information, suggestions, addresses and to blow things up.  I want everyone to know what this comic book store did.  

As far as garbage, that's fine, it's your opinion and it may be garbage to you, but to others it's valuable.  

And lastly, why would I pay hundreds of dollars for the pins on ebay when all I have to do is play the game to get the pins.  that's just stupid.  

All I did was ask questions, but if u wanna be a smart A and start somethin then bring it on.  I'm here waiting.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, mattn792 said:

Did you really not look at the receipt until 15 days later?

Yea.  I just knew I had it and didn't see the need to look at it, but it wouldn't have mattered anyway cause if I looked at it the next day It would've been to late.  I should have looked when He gave it to me.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:32 AM, Wolverinex said:

Nope, the pins were for Monster Kill Squad 1 and Pyrate Queen 1.  They punched in the passive aggressive as the purchase, but I didn't purchase passive aggressive.  It's not the value of the books, but the value of the pins.  That was the sole purpose of going there. I will not buy from them ever again.