• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

Shield pointed this out to me within minutes of spotting it and I snagged it, I know it's rough and that I paid a bit for what it is, but it's the second to the last book I need to complete the run and I've only seen it a couple of times on ebay, so I didn't hesitate. As soon as it arrives I'll have more to say. Till then I anxiously await the arrival of this book. Thank's to Shield who could of snagged this himself.

I know it's only important in terms of completing my run, but the Black Hood story is the second part of a two parter with the son of the skull and the first part was great and I've been waiting a couple of years to find it.Let's hope it's packed well and doesn't take forever to get here!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N%3AIT&rd=1

Congratulations! I know what it's like to search for a particular book, sometimes for years. $100.00 bucks isn't all that much for something you obviously value! thumbsup2.gif

You're right and I paid it gladly just to get it out of the way and not have to worry about it. It's funny how it's always the non key insignificant ones that can be the toughest. USPS don't fail me now!

Congratulations! I know what it's like to search for a particular book, sometimes for years. $100.00 bucks isn't all that much for something you obviously value! thumbsup2.gif

You're right and I paid it gladly just to get it out of the way and not have to worry about it. It's funny how it's always the non key insignificant ones that can be the toughest. USPS don't fail me now!

You're braver than me! I'd be afraid to jinx myself by saying anything about a book I bought until it arrived in my hands!

You're braver than me! I'd be afraid to jinx myself by saying anything about a book I bought until it arrived in my hands!

Why worry tth2? Postal employees don't read Turok poke2.gif

Why worry tth2? Postal employees don't read Turok poke2.gif

The discriminating ones do...

Actually, I'm a great big worry wart, I just started this thread as sort of an anti-jinx after I found out that the seller usually ships media mail, so I'm whistling in the dark right now.

Congratulation! headbang.gif

Your persistence in putting the run together is remarkable. May you now obtain many crucial upgrades!!!!

Congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Unlike certain others on this board poke2.gif I'm sure it will arrive safely thumbsup2.gif

Thank's, spoken like a true MLJ/Archie collector!

Still waiting.......

There's always the MH 9.8 in Heritage. They ship Fedex.

Congrats 893applaud-thumb.gif

Unlike certain others on this board poke2.gif I'm sure it will arrive safely thumbsup2.gif

Thank's, spoken like a true MLJ/Archie collector!

Still waiting.......

There's always the MH 9.8 in Heritage. They ship Fedex.

And it's a beauty, but I have my eye on the #10 for an upgrade.

Still not here. I was told it would be shipped on Wednesday oct. 5th, but not how. Whether it was 1st class or media. I paid 6.99 for flat rate shipping. Maybe I'm being a nervous Nellie, but I'm starting to worry. Emailed the seller yesterday morning to ask if it was shipped media or first class and no reply yet.

I always try to get the media mail shippers to use priority for my comics. I'd heard that comics do not actually qualify for media mail so I checked the post office website and found the following text which states that media mail can not contain advertising. I think that is supposed to be the disqualifier but then again, who enforces this anyway.

Media Mail (Book Rate)

Features

Best rate for sending small and large packages containing books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Rates start at $0.80.

Media Mail cannot contain advertising.

Packages can weigh up to 70 lbs. and measure up to 108 inches in combined length and distance around the thickest part.

Presorted rates are available for bulk quantities (at least 300 pieces).