• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

It's a shame the book didn't arrive. I'm glad you got the refund but it's a shame if such a hard to find book is lost somewhere.

That's one thing I just don't get about people (buyers and sellers alike) who want to use media mail for rare items. To take a rare item that survived for 60 years and then ship it by means of one of the least dependable and least secure ways available to save a couple bucks just makes no sense.

Of course, the worst is dealers like this one that charged you way more than the price of Priority Mail and then ship media. They often claim the extra money is to pay for their mailing supplies, which makes no sense, because the cost of Priority Mail includes free packaging from the post office. The post office will send priority boxes, envelopes, packing tape, whatever to your home for free if you are using it for Priority Mail.

It's a shame the book didn't arrive. I'm glad you got the refund but it's a shame if such a hard to find book is lost somewhere.

That's one thing I just don't get about people (buyers and sellers alike) who want to use media mail for rare items. To take a rare item that survived for 60 years and then ship it by means of one of the least dependable and least secure ways available to save a couple bucks just makes no sense.

Of course, the worst is dealers like this one that charged you way more than the price of Priority Mail and then ship media. They often claim the extra money is to pay for their mailing supplies, which makes no sense, because the cost of Priority Mail includes free packaging from the post office. The post office will send priority boxes, envelopes, packing tape, whatever to your home for free if you are using it for Priority Mail.

I still have a bad feeling about this though. I think the book may have found it's way into another collectors hands. There are too many questions and too many excuses and no delivery confirmation slip to be found. First I'm told the book was shipped, then I'm told the book was put in the out box to be shipped and then illness occured etc. etc.. This may be on the up and up but there have now been a lot of contradictions. I only hope that my starting this thread a week after being told the book was shipped when it wasn't, didn't allow an unscrupulous collector to snag it behind my back. Now this is speculation on my part and as some will say "paranoid" speculation,but I would never charge 6.99 for shipping and then ship a hundred dollar book via media mail and then misplace the delivery confirmation slip. This whole thing smells! Too many excuses, illness, someone else shipped it, typo on the shipping charge. Going from I shipped it the next day to I put it in the out bin to be shipped. Come on! I'm getting madder as time goes by.Of course I'm just speculating here.

I still have a bad feeling about this though. I think the book may have found it's way into another collectors hands. There are too many questions and too many excuses and no delivery confirmation slip to be found. First I'm told the book was shipped, then I'm told the book was put in the out box to be shipped and then illness occured etc. etc.. This may be on the up and up but there have now been a lot of contradictions. I only hope that my starting this thread a week after being told the book was shipped when it wasn't, didn't allow an unscrupulous collector to snag it behind my back. Now this is speculation on my part and as some will say "paranoid" speculation,but I would never charge 6.99 for shipping and then ship a hundred dollar book via media mail and then misplace the delivery confirmation slip. This whole thing smells! Too many excuses, illness, someone else shipped it, typo on the shipping charge. Going from I shipped it the next day to I put it in the out bin to be shipped. Come on! I'm getting madder as time goes by.Of course I'm just speculating here.

You know Vince, actually he listed this book with $1.99 for shipping, but didn't "fix" it in the checkout portion of the ad.

Please note:

Vince's Top-Notch Laugh 31 Auction

No Reserve! Top-Notch Laugh number 31December 1942. Four inch tear on cover roll in spine. Scan is of actual book. Please check out our other auctions. Winner pays S&H of $1.99. We do combine Shipping & Handling for multiple purchases. Thank You and GOOD LUCK!!!

I will make a bold assessment. I think the book will show up by this time next week. thumbsup2.gif

You know shield, you convieniently neglect to mention that under "Shipping charge " at the top of the auction page it says 6.99 flat rate shipping as well as on the bottom and that is also what the invoice I received stated . So three places states 6.99 and one states 1.99. Which is the typo?

You know shield, you convieniently neglect to mention that under "Shipping charge " at the top of the auction page it says 6.99 flat rate shipping as well as on the bottom and that is also what the invoice I received stated . So three places states 6.99 and one states 1.99. Which is the typo?

As one who has sold a bit more than you on EBAY, at least different items with various sizes, shapes and weights (i.e. not just comics) I would say he typed that description of the book and the S&H price all at the same time. I think a lawyer would suggest the "spirit" of the seller's shipping price would be $1.99, not $6.99.

Just my .02

But doesn't it come down to what he charged you, Black Hand? I mean, if he charged you $6.99 and didn't ship priority, then you should have a problem with that otherwise $1.99 for media mail is just about right.

But doesn't it come down to what he charged you, Black Hand? I mean, if he charged you $6.99 and didn't ship priority, then you should have a problem with that otherwise $1.99 for media mail is just about right.

You are correct, it's hard to figure out why shield doesn't see that.

As one who has sold a bit more than you on EBAY, at least different items with various sizes, shapes and weights (i.e. not just comics) I would say he typed that description of the book and the S&H price all at the same time. I think a lawyer would suggest the "spirit" of the seller's shipping price would be $1.99, not $6.99.

Just my .02

It's what I was charged that the courts would look at Shield. As far as who's sold "a bit more"..... You may have bought more, but it's debatable who's sold more as if it that matters. By the way, that was a bit condescending on your part.

Just my .02

It's what I was charged that the courts would look at Shield. As far as who's sold "a bit more"..... You may have bought more, but it's debatable who's sold more as if it that matters. By the way, that was a bit condescending on your part.

Let me elucidate...

What I meant is when you're selling a group of items on EBAY, and let's say you sell a hammer and set the shipping price to $6.99. If you select "save shipping preferences" and list another item, by default it'll leave that selling price in from the last item. I think he did this and just forgot to change it, and you just did the right thing by paying the invoice as it stood. I think you could've said "Hey, isn't the shipping $1.99?" and he'd have said yes, let me correct it. But you didn't because you were much more concerned about getting the book. This is understandable.

My point is this - I don't think he intentionally tried to overcharge your for shipping, and $1.99 might not get you media mail PLUS delivery confirmation. His only true proven oversight is not either refunding you the shipping difference OR going ahead and shipping it priority. The book could arrive tomorrow.

I'm sorry you find my post a bit condescending Vince, it wasn't intended that way. I sent an email to you-know-who asking him which books, specifically Top-Notch Laugh, that he's missing. You're being a bit of a butthead to a guy that showed you the book in the first place, don't you think? I'm just here to try to help and calm you down a bit - think about everything I've tried to do here.

confused.gif

That's not a threat is it Shawn?

I think you need to take a step back and think about who your friends are here. I'd like to think I'm one of them, and on your side. I'm sorry you haven't gotten your book, but repeat after me: It's not my fault, or Shawn's fault, or EBAY's fault, or anyone on the boards' fault. It's the seller's fault, and we're just here keeping our fingers crossed collectively for you. I only brought up what I did today to show you that he may have INADVERTANTLY charged you $6.99 for shipping, and I stand behind that.

Otherwise, yes it's a threat. Let's meet somewhere halfway (Kansas?) and duke it out! makepoint.gif

I think what I'm going to do is step back for a while. Shield think's I'm overreacting and predicted I'll have my book by this time next week. So since this thread is getting to intense for me and I'm getting too worked up I'm going to wait till this time next week to make another post. Hopefully it will be to say the book has arrived since it wasn't there today. Until then look at this attachment again.Lois Lane from Smallville.

975278-dracwindow4.jpg.5eeeab804848193065367500b2bc52e4.jpg

I think what I'm going to do is step back for a while. Shield think's I'm overreacting and predicted I'll have my book by this time next week. So since this thread is getting to intense for me and I'm getting too worked up I'm going to wait till this time next week to make another post. Hopefully it will be to say the book has arrived since it wasn't there today. Until then look at this attachment again.Lois Lane from Smallville.

Go to a happy place, go to a happy place. 27_laughing.gif

Take care of your health first and foremost Vince. Keep your mind off of this; if it's meant to be the book will arrive. You have your full refund, and are out only a few days of self-chosen grief. flowerred.gif

Go to a happy place, go to a happy place. 27_laughing.gif

So until next week enjoy the Lois Lane attachment.