• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

Parcel post is the lowest form of shipping the post office offers it can take a MONTH to cross a single city let alone a country.
That may be. I should have asked the seller of my books to ship some other way. It is indeed parcel post as well. But we're both in LA County! Gah! It better not take a month! I'm going to have nightmares of stomping and chomping machines, of careless clerks and rotating knives...

For karma's sake I didn't even mention what they were or link to them either!

I don't know why this is affecting me so much, I guess I can't help but feel that there's a knife sticking out of my back. I guess if that book doesn't arrive soon I'll lock up my books for a while and neither buy or sell for the time being.My health's been on the decline of late and all this unneccesary worry isn't helping. With all the other trouble going on in the hobby it's kind of hard to stay positive. It's too bad too, I had some key Archie Peps in nice shape I was about to offer up, but I think I need to step away. I'll just finish up with this dealer and start reading archives and reprints again.Of course the book may still turn up, stranger things have happened.

I have given up and filed a complaint with Paypal. Turns out my guy is a scammer. I know thanks to not one but TWO threads about it here on the boards!

Guess I'll have to find my bargain basement Weird Comics #1 somewhere else... frown.gif

Still no book and it's been 17 days since I paid and 16 days since he said he shipped. What should my next step be?

Report an Item Not Received

Or file a dispute through PayPal if you paid through them. They will settle the claim in your favor and reverse the charges if the seller doesn't respond in 10 days. Good luck. thumbsup2.gif

Black Hand

Why is it that you were so suspicious in the first place. Was the hair standing up on the back of your neck when you bid?

I've had books take 4-6 weeks media mail to Alaska before, and I've always received them. I hope you receive yours soon. It's obviously stressful for you.

Did someone give you a heads up that you might be getting *^%%&'ed out of the deal?

demand a confirmation number

demand proof of shipment and if they don't work and if you paid via paypal

file a complaint.

I agree that the next step is to get a confirmation number. Once you are armed with that (and have confirmed online that it is valid) it's time to call the post office and talk to customer service. They have more detailed tracking than what we see using delivery confirmation on the PO website.

It is very possible that your package is sitting somewhere in your local bulk mail center. I have had two problems with missing media mail packages in the past and in both cases it was mailed on time and made it to Richmond, CA (our local bulk center) in 4-5 days. But then it took 3-4 weeks to make it the last few miles to Berkeley! When I called, it did get expedited. Both times they found it and delivered it next day.

So this is a possibility that should be explored. If there is no confirmation number your shipper has really blown it and is very open to you getting your money back from Paypal.

Good luck,

Marc

Black Hand

Why is it that you were so suspicious in the first place. Was the hair standing up on the back of your neck when you bid?

I've had books take 4-6 weeks media mail to Alaska before, and I've always received them. I hope you receive yours soon. It's obviously stressful for you.

Did someone give you a heads up that you might be getting *^%%&'ed out of the deal?

I became "suspicious" after about a week when I realised that the 6.99 i paid for shipping only covered media mail. Also a couple of years ago I had a grail book bought out from under me after the auction had ended, which is what has made me paranoid about this. There is also one other "factor" which I don't want to go into that has made me suspicious. I always ship the same day I recieve payment if the PO is still open. I hate tardiness and I'm overly nervous about these things, I've been on ebay since 97 and the only time a book has been this late was when it was bought out from under me.But the biggest factor has been the shipping by media mail that has gotten me worked up. If I'm wrong I'll be the first to eat my words, shut up and apologise profusely for everything but my anger at the shipping charge.

There is also one other "factor" which I don't want to go into that has made me suspicious.

I think you and I both know that didn't happen Vince. There's just no way. It's your paranoia; I'd give this another week or so before going totally crazy about it.

I'd much rather your health got better, buddy! Chin up...

There is also one other "factor" which I don't want to go into that has made me suspicious.

I think you and I both know that didn't happen Vince. There's just no way. It's your paranoia; I'd give this another week or so before going totally crazy about it.

I'd much rather your health got better, buddy! Chin up...

I'm sorry, but what are you talking about. Are you saying you know what this other factor is? How would you know what I'm thinking? As far as being paranoid... in a week it'll be about 4 1/2 weeks, I don't consider that paranoid.

Since this thread seems to be a therapy group for folks with missing packages... smile.gif

I've been waiting on a Priority Mail package which was shipped October 12th. It should have been here at least a week ago. Luckily, the seller did put the tracking I requested on it, and sure enough there's no info about the package other than that the seller mailed it on 10/12... it hasn't been misdelivered, and is still somewhere "in the system". Someone posted in Comics General that there have been massive mail delays in the West & South? Dunno, but my book was going from CA to NYC so it might fit that pattern. Just a heads-up, Black Hand, that others have had USPS problems... who knows, maybe your book will roll in when you least expect it.

i'll chime in. with almost 1000 transactions on ebay i can tell you that, on average. media mail takes longer. and i'm shipping and receiving from NYC as well. it doesn't always take longer, but particularly cross-country, it can take 2-3 weeks, and during holiday season 4-5 weeks. is first class perfect? no. but only once have i recieved the "where's my stuff" e-mail for 1st class (during x-mas) and about 25 times for media.