• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

Still no book from hobby_inc

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Sorry to hear that man! Perhaps you should email him to verify that it did in fact go out in the mail. After all, you paid for tracking and insurance, right?

Shawn

I paid 6.99 for shipping. He said he shipped it media the next day. I have no idea what else he did with it concerning tracking and insurance if he did indeed ship it. But I've since asked and am awaiting a reply. But you know my theory on this anyway.

At least your guy is answering emails. The seller I recently bought from on Ebay hasn't returned an email since one he sent before the auction ended. Nada. And a few days AFTER the auction ended not one but TWO negative reps showed up on the guy for not shipping. Worst thing is he's just 30 miles north of me! I could DRIVE and get it faster...

I don't know how long I should wait before calling (his number is listed with Paypal). What's a good amount of time to let a seller ship before becoming concerned enough to contact them directly by phone or notify Ebay/Paypal?

Like I have said media mail can take up to 1 month plus. I see you bought it on Oct 4. Seller ships on Oct.5 or 6. You have only been waiting 2 weeks. I wouldn't even stress unless it is over 3 weeks. Also, never get anything shipped media mail, if you can avoid it. All the Ebay auctions I post, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. No one seems to complain and I have been able to sell. Have faith, take it easy. Drink a G&T in anticipation of your kick a** comic.

Yeah, I never coorelate price and method of shipping description. I always make sure it has US Postal Priority on the description or I ask questions. Personally, the guy should have sent it Priority. The cost isn't that bad. Just another example of Seller trying to maximize their profit.

Yeah and check out all4comics.

Reply by all4comics: You never contacted me or paid for insurance? I would of refunded your $ frown.gif Nov-21-03 18:38

Follow-up by hansel991: and why should i ?really i paid for item send it.

Reply by all4comics: WHAT GIVES!! SENT 4 EMAILS TRYING TO GET INFO FOR PAYMENT! NOW THIS? WEIRD! May-24-02 08:08

Follow-up by rabitass2000: sent emails,non payment warnings and still no responce. DEAD BET AND LOSER.

Great stuff: Promise you won't check mine - in the early days I had some pretty childish responses.

Yep, Toolhaus is endlessly entertaining! I used to enjoy browsing Neatstuff's negatives and neutrals on an almost daily basis, though it would nearly freeze my computer loading them all.

I noticed that someone who lives 350 miles from me in the same state recieved their book that they won 5 days after I won mine from the same seller. Wouldn't it be crazy to speculate that I may have been taken. Ot that It might be possible that someone else offered more money and got that book after I had won it. Do you think in about a week or two there is the possibility that seller is going to offer me a refund. I just have to wonder if there's the faintest chance that I've been had. I think everything about this deal just might possibly stink and I'm not being paranoid. Of course this all hypothetical and speculative but stranger things have happened.

I really, really, really don't want to get into an endless discussion about Media Mail...

Really...

That said, I have shipped 100s of comics individually and in small lots via Media Mail ( with Delivery Confirmation , yes you can get DC & insurance on Media Mail). My reasoning is that it is simply more cost effective for lower priced items (esp. if you box ship as I do) and I can pass that savings onto a buyer.

My experience on every single order I have ever sent out is that they arrive in approximately the same amount of time as 1st Class. I have not had a single package take more than about a week to arrive safely in the buyer's hands. Usually, the time actually seems to be more like 3 or 4 days- competitive with Priority.

I'm not saying that this has been everyone's experience. I'm not saying anyone here is wrong. I'm not saying that anyone needs to agree with my thinking (and the thinking of my PO by the way) that there is nothing wrong with shipping vintage comics with MM. All I'm saying is that in my experience it should never take weeks for a MM package to arrive from points in the continental states.

That said, no seller should be charging $6.99 for Media Mail on a single book... that's S&H profittering hands down, esp if they are providing no additional service like DC or insurance. Especially without DC info I would be getting suspicious of the seller.

Also, I have persoanlly had two occassions where USPS "misplaced" packages that were sent to me via Priority with DC. One of those occassions I wound up getting the book after it was later returned to a very honest seller after drifting in limbo for two months. The other occassion the book was never recovered. Who knows?

Best of luck with this. It still may turn out okay .893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No, I don't think that. I think that if a book were sold out from under me for a much higher price to another collector who would pay 5 times what I did to complete his run with an impossible to find low grade book that's worth half what I paid, that the money would be refunded and the excuse would be that the book ,which should have been shipped with tracking and insurance, was lost in the mail. I must point out that I'm an emotional and excitable collector and since I always ship the day I recieve payment by priority mail with delivery confirmation and insurance and don't profit from shipping, it bothers me that I was charged 6.99 to have a hundred dollar book shipped media mail without any proof of shipment.

me.jpg

That's me on a stormy day, waiting for my Top Notch Laugh #31 to arrive.

You know Vince, you need to replace some windows on your house. And get a manicure for pete's sake! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

I really, really wonder where your Top-Notch #31 is right now. Whose house it's sitting in... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

me.jpg

That's me on a stormy day, waiting for my Top Notch Laugh #31 to arrive.

You know Vince, you need to replace some windows on your house. And get a manicure for pete's sake! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

I really, really wonder where your Top-Notch #31 is right now. Whose house it's sitting in... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know, but I do know which house some of my other books may not be sitting in. poke2.gif

Your confusing Media mail with Parcel post these are two DIFFERNT THINGS. Media mail is a first class rate only for printed bound matter, yes comics do qualify subscriptions were sent this way, they are not advertising themselves as someone else suggested. it takes about as long as standard first classs mail with a couple of days ie if it takes a week to get to Cali form NYC then a media mail book will take 7-10 days.

Parcel post is the lowest form of shipping the post office offers it can take a MONTH to cross a single city let alone a country. Packages are slammed to death in Parcel Post handling. and they barely move anywhere in a week.

How do I know? despite shipping upwards of 3000 packages a month via USPS my mother also used to be a supervisor in the USPS.

You're braver than me! I'd be afraid to jinx myself by saying anything about a book I bought until it arrived in my hands!

You may have been right, I should have kept my mouth shut. Everybody else is getting their books but not me. I'm devastated.