• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 1

81 posts in this topic

I have thought about trying this game in here for years....but just wasn't sure if the idea in my head would transfer very well to the forum.  We're going to find out.  And if you don't like it, you could always go to this link and play that game instead.  Instructions on how to sign up are in the RULES section towards the bottom of this post.

468741415_WaldomoTitle.jpg.144a5003b9e31b11043591009120b88d.jpg

The "Board" game where planet earth is the playing field.

Tools you will need:  
1)  A computer
2)  Google Maps (google.com/maps)
3)  Microsoft Paint (or similar program)....
Edit: Please click here to see to see why this program isn't really a requirement

HOW THE GAME WORKS:

• I used the Street View function in Google Maps to take a ground level picture at a location somewhere on Earth.  This is where I'm "hiding".  I have cut this picture into several pieces.  
  • In the first post of the actual game thread, I will begin posting this picture slowly, piece by piece, as the game progresses.
  • As time goes on, I will also post additional picture clues in the thread, as well as hints and riddles that give clues to where I'm hiding.

How do you win?:  You have to do two simple things to win. 

• First, you have to figure out where I was in Google Maps when I "took" the puzzle picture in the first post.
  • Then....using that picture as a guide.....you have to use the Street View function in Google Maps to "stand" in the EXACT same spot that I did, and post the same screen grab picture in the game thread.  Whoever does this first wins a prize.  Also, to count as a winning entry, the post must NOT be edited.

If you don't know how to screen grab and post a picture in here, click on the "Spoiler" tab below for instructions.

Spoiler

To make a screen grab picture......stand where I did in Google Maps and line your picture up as close to mine as possible......then hold down the <CONTROL> key on your keyboard while you press the <PRT SC> or "Print Screen" key on your keyboard.  This copies everything that's showing on your computer screen into memory.

You then open up Microsoft PAINT (or similar program) and click on "PASTE" in the upper left corner of it.  You can then use the PAINT program to trim the picture if you want.  Then save the picture in a file on your computer.  Once you have the picture saved on your computer, make a post in the game thread and use the "Choose Files" function at the bottom to imbed your picture before submitting your post.  

Rules:

• All are welcome to participate, except those on the Probation List, Hall of Shame List, or my Personal List.  
  • If you wish to play, simply post "I'm in" in this thread and I'll add you to the Official List of Participants.  
  • If you posted "I'm in" and see me posting but have not been added to the participant list, send me a PM as I may have just missed your post, or you might be on one of the above mentioned lists.
  • Those interested have one week to register as a participant......official registration deadline is 11:59 pm Central Time on 9/16/2021.....then I will start the game in a new thread. 
  • Unless I decide to make an exception, no additional participants will be allowed once the game has started.  
  • To participate, your forum account must be at least 6 months old and have at least 300 posts as of 9/8/2021, with the majority of them not being in the marketplace.  My reason behind this is to have something fun and rewarding for people who have been here for a while that actually participate in the forum.  In other words, not just stop by to read or use it as a free Ebay.
  • Once the game has started, I will try to keep it's length within reason.  I'd like to see it last at least a week.....but no longer than two weeks.
  • This next rule is not going to be popular with some.  I am providing the prize and free shipping within the U.S......but will not ship elsewhere.  All are welcome to participate, no matter where they are located, but if you win, you'll have to let me know what to do with your prize.  
    • I can ship it to a U.S. address at no charge, then that person could ship international to you.  
    • You can sell, trade or gift it to someone within the U.S. and I can drop-ship it to them for you at no charge.   
    • If you're going to be ordering comics from a seller in the states, I could ship it to them at no charge if you could arrange to have them package it in with your order. 
    • Or, I can simply hold onto it until you decide later what you want me to do with it.  
  • I will pack the prize well....but it it arrives in a thousand pieces.....congratulations, you've just won a box of confetti.
  • This final rule is like The One Ring....it rules them all:  I am the Grand Poobah.  This is a DOMOcracy.  This game is to be played like Baseball.  THERE'S NO FRIGGING CRYING IN BASEBALL!  If a judgment call has to be made, I will make it and that's the end of it.  This is supposed to be fun.  Or, it could stink worse than Greggy at the end of a 3 day Con during a water shortage.  Who knows?

Shut up, Domo.....and tell us what the prizes are:
The winner will get to choose a single prize from the listed options below.  I may choose to add additional comic book options or possibly non-comic options as well.  This could happen at any time during the sign-up process or during the game itself.  Free Shipping in the U.S. will be included.

Choice #1:  DC Super Stars of Space #2 CGC 9.4 with White Pages.

(click on the picture a few times to view larger images).

Loved this book as a kid and still have my childhood copy, but its beat to crud from reading it a million times.  This is my (CGC) under copy....so maybe someone else might enjoy owning it.  It's a Giant-Size Square bound book with several different stories in it.

DC1.thumb.JPG.cbd638db1acce40f9ee06fe1b5f013e0.JPG

Choice #2:  Superman #275 - Raw copy in NM or better condition.

(click on the picture a few times to view larger images).

I bought this book raw from Metropolis Comics as a NM 9.4 about 20 years ago. It looks more like a NM+ 9.6 to me.  I honestly don't believe the book was ever read, as it lays perfectly flat with shiny gloss.  The bottom right corner looks a bit soft in the scan, but I checked and it isn't.....just the inner pages peaking out ever so slightly.  The only flaws I can see are a TINY soft spot on the lower left corner, and a couple of very small spine ticks that are hard to see with the book in hand.  Any raw book I give away will come in a E. Gerber Mylite2 with a Full Back board (for acid free storage goodness).

1597048494_Superman275NM()b.thumb.jpg.fc966c1e84c704df1099db9d918cc871.jpg

Choice #3:  Conan the Barbarian #114 CGC 9.6 with Off White to White Pages.

Time to add a little Marvel to the mix.  Nice high grade copy of this book with an original old-school CGC label.  This book was graded by CGC on 8/29/2002 and I bought it in 2006.  When you magnify the image, the bottom right corner looks a little suspect, but again, this is caused by a very tiny portion of the inside back cover peeking out, and the corner looks great when you have the book in hand.  This copy has perfect registration and centering on the front and back covers with perfect staple placement right on the edge of the spine.  Just a pristine example of this 41 year old comic.

810552084_Conan114a.thumb.JPG.e85fb5150740d4366733c14cd03d58f4.JPG

Choice #4:  Fresh unopened pack of E. Gerber Mylites2 AND a fresh unopened pack of matching E. Gerber Full-Backs 

If this prize is chosen by the winner, they will receive both of the following:

• One new, unopened 50 count package of E.Gerber Mylites2 (Standard Size fits 1970's to 1990's - Item# 725M2)
  • One new, unopened 50 count package of matching E.Gerber Full-Backs (Standard Size 42 mil acid free boards - Item# 700FB). 

These are hard to find right now.  A friend I know is keeping his comic collection, but is no longer actively buying.  So, he has a lot of unopened packs of Mylites2 and Full-Backs he isn't going to use, and I bought a couple of packs from him a while back.  I don't deal with a lot of raw books, so I need to see if he'd like me to sell the rest for him on the forums.

IMG_E1673.thumb.JPG.b1cffee7b0b3c8bf47fa4966f55470b3.JPG

Edited by Domo Arigato

Official List of Participants

1. THE_BEYONDER
  2. jaybuck43
  3. Point Five
  4. valiantman
  5. Comics4All
  6. onlyweaknesskryptonite
  7. BlowUpTheMoon
  8. bronze_rules
  9. Crops068
  10. manicnerd
  11. Flee-Marquette
  12. Cushing Fan
  13. Cocomonkey
  14. Park
  15. 01TheDude
Edited by Domo Arigato

Let's add a couple of prize choices to this thread.  Possibly more to come later.  

Scans have been added at the bottom of the first post.  

FYI....my scanner stinks.....my camera stinks.....everyone is just gong to have to live with it.