• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 1

81 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2021 at 5:07 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

He could have been in the same spot, just moved the camera a a foot to the right. (shrug)

He wasn't.......but I'm basically just kidding around with him.

The clouds and cars are different.  Clouds and cars don't disappear on Google Maps when you move the camera angle.  As the directions state, you must stand in the exact spot I did when taking the picture......which will result in a duplicate picture (same clouds, etc.).  Once the person figures out where I actually am in the game, this will be much easier to do than it is in my example.

If I had to guess......since his image appears to have been taken at a different time.....I would say his image was probably taken on a different day when the camera car was traveling on the opposite side of the street and going in the opposite direction.  Google maps can be a bit finicky like that when taking an image from the street.

The actual game picture I will be using is not an image that was taken from the street and is easily repeatable once you locate the correct spot (I just went there again to verify this and was easily able to repeat the picture exactly).

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Was that the game ?

4 days of build-up ?

Yes.....the game is over.

I won and choose prize option #3.

I will now pack the comic up securely and ship it to myself.

Congratulations to me and I would like to thank myself for playing.

On 9/13/2021 at 4:07 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 9/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, valiantman said:

What do I win? :takeit:

Nothing. (tsk)

On 9/9/2021 at 8:23 PM, Domo Arigato said:
  • Then....using that picture as a guide.....you have to use the Street View function in Google Maps to "stand" in the EXACT same spot that I did, and post the same screen grab picture.  Whoever does this first wins a prize.

Real.thumb.jpg.27aee16734b3e602535348087b1f3fff.jpg

Fail.jpg.e2c81287cd85d11abfa0644d806e5373.jpg

Thank you!  I did that on purpose to test your rules. :foryou:

On 9/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The actual game picture I will be using is not an image that was taken from the street and is easily repeatable once you locate the correct spot (I just went there again to verify this and was easily able to repeat the picture exactly).

:news:  That's great to know, because it rules out about a trillion Google maps images if the ones from the street won't win. (thumbsu

On 9/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, valiantman said:

Thank you!  I did that on purpose to test your rules. :foryou:

lol

Oddly enough though.....I was having a hard time repeating the picture myself because of the reasons I mentioned a couple of posts up.

I have verified that someone trying to duplicate the actual game picture will not have this issue.  It's pretty straightforward to find the same spot and duplicate the image once you figure out where I'm hiding.

And out of curiosity....how did you figure out where that was......did you just use the web address at the top of the picture?

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/13/2021 at 5:46 PM, Domo Arigato said:

lol

Oddly enough though.....I was having a hard time repeating the picture myself because of the reasons I mentioned a couple of posts up.

I have verified that someone trying to duplicate the actual game picture will not have this issue.  It's pretty straightforward to find the same spot and duplicate the image once you figure out where I'm hiding.

And out of curiosity....how did you figure out where I was......did you just use the web address at the top of the picture?

I just pulled the Latitude and Longitude from that web address. :foryou:

On 9/13/2021 at 3:46 PM, Domo Arigato said:

lol

And out of curiosity....how did you figure out where that was......did you just use the web address at the top of the picture?

It is also conceivable that the image can change from now until the end. I've seen google maps of my street, parked cars, and trees, etc... change over time.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 9/13/2021 at 9:49 PM, bronze_rules said:

It is also conceivable that the image can change from now until the end. I've seen google maps of my street, parked cars, and trees, etc... change over time.

Let's just say that I'm very confident this image won't change any time soon.

However, since it will only take me a minute......I will be sure to check it daily and make sure it hasn't been updated.

I got you both added to the participant list and we've got a good group so far.  Appreciate all of you guys joining in. (thumbsu

And now....as we get down to the last two days before the sign-up deadline.....I might possibly add a non-comic prize option, or another CGC graded comic, or both.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/15/2021 at 8:30 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I'm confused...but I'm in!

Got you added to the participant list. (thumbsu

And feel free to ask questions in this thread or send me a PM and I'll be happy to help.