• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm losing all faith in CGC!
2 2

101 posts in this topic

I am willing to bet those sustained the type of damage that happens when a comic or stack of comics, even in a mylar with a fullback, falls from a 3.5 - 4 foot counter or desk onto a hard floor.

Source: experience. The corner bend and blunting is nearly identical to every comic ive ever dropped from that height and lands on a corner either obliquely or directly. 

Is it possible they had too many comics piled up and not enough space when grading/transferring/storing them?

Why they wouldnt simply gather them up, mark them as damaged in house, call the customer and ask if they would approve a free full press, and move on is probably a mix of cost mitigation and employee omission. But if it continues it may begin to impact their submissions which it sounds like wouldnt be the worst thing for them temporarily.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:43 AM, justafan said:

Why they wouldnt simply gather them up, mark them as damaged in house, call the customer and ask if they would approve a free full press, and move on is probably a mix of cost mitigation and employee omission. But if it continues it may begin to impact their submissions which it sounds like wouldnt be the worst thing for them temporarily.

Because an employee would have to admit they potentially damaged thousands of dollars of property. For the sake of their job, it's probably better for them if they just play dumb.

On 9/17/2021 at 4:18 PM, Gaard said:

You'd think (and I would too) that every stage of the grading/encapsulation process has cameras.

They do.....except for the section where everybody throws their banana peels.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:43 AM, HotKey said:

20210918_044314.jpg

A goof that big on a book that big? I kind of like it. It's kind of like a publisher misprint or color fail at the printer (Blue Galactus in Secret Wars) 

This also isn't a new thing for CGC. I've had this book in my PC for almost 20 years. The only thing that stinks about it to me is that I couldn't put it in the registry, unless I found a #2 that was mismarked as a #3 lol

cult3.jpeg

On 9/18/2021 at 7:31 PM, HotKey said:

It's almost becoming comical at this point. Fresh from a FB group.

Well, if you look at the serial numbers, it seems that the first one, not pictured is correct. So, CGC is hitting .250 in the quality phase. That's decent for baseball.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:24 PM, do-boy99 said:

Could the damage have happened during shipping to them?

All the same corner sounds like a drop at some point.

This seems like what happened ESPECIALLY when large number of books are sent via mail...had this happen several times when ordered from ebay...alomost the exact crunch to 7-10 books...

On 9/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, HotKey said:

It's almost becoming comical at this point. Fresh from a FB group.

FB_IMG_1632018592896.jpg

Lol...  seen that type of thing a number of times on Youtube unboxings.

They oughta cancel just one signing and take that time to teach some employees things to look out for before sending books.

On 9/19/2021 at 9:09 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Lol...  seen that type of thing a number of times on Youtube unboxings.

They oughta cancel just one signing and take that time to teach some employees things to look out for before sending books.

Step 1 - is there an actual book in the slab

Step 2 - is the right label on the slab

They can start with that and work on the advanced class. 

On 9/19/2021 at 8:45 PM, wombat said:

Step 1 - is there an actual book in the slab

Step 2 - is the right label on the slab

They can start with that and work on the advanced class. 

Step 3 - Is that your sandwich in the fridge 

Step 4 - That's your coworkers sandwich in the fridge