• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm losing all faith in CGC!
2 2

101 posts in this topic

A little while ago I received a batch of comics back from CGC with all-new defects in the exact same place on every book..

CGC admitted their wrong-doing and agreed to press and regrade.

I just got back the first batch of 24 comics that were supposed to be taken care of.

Lo and behold, 8 of the comics were NOT even opened, let alone pressed and regraded;  I verified this by looking at when the comics were graded!

What is going on there?!

My LCS owner just got a batch back of comics with new damage!

What's the point of having perfect comics to be graded if, it's a flip-of-a-coin if they come back damaged?

Losing all faith in their services.  

Edited by Tafkap

Even the grade date didn't change? that's kind of telling :( @CGC Comics

On 9/14/2021 at 1:34 PM, Tafkap said:

A little while ago I received a batch of comics back from CGC with all-new defects in the exact same place on every book..

I just got back the first batch of 24 comics that were supposed to be taken care of.

Lo and behold, 8 of the comics were NOT even opened, let alone pressed and regraded;  I verified this by looking at when the comics were graded!

What is going on there?!

What's the point of having perfect comics to be graded if, it's a flip-of-a-coin if they come back damaged?

There's a similar situation being faced by a collector here. At least CGC attempted to do something about it:

Graded damaged comics. | CBCS Comics | Page 1

A dilemma. What to do? | CBCS Comics | Page 1

Seems like CGC will take responsibility at least, good luck with getting this resolved. 

Edited by Flanders82

On 9/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, Tafkap said:
On 9/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Even the grade date didn't change? that's kind of telling :( @CGC Comics

No the grades did not change on the one's that weren't opened. 

That's not exactly what I asked....

You said some didn't get pressed nor opened...

Show us the cert number on those... And the damage

If looked up you can see the grade date...

If the grade date has not changed from the previous dates before sending in...

That will prove they were not opened and pressed....

I thought you already confirmed this, and I was asking for pics of those certification numbers and the damage so we could look them up ourselves etc 

:martini:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, Tafkap said:

What is going on there?!

Admitted wrong-doing, which means someone there knew about it?  And they graded them anyway?

You seem surprised at this. Look at enough YT or IG and you'll see this is a big part of the reason the CBCS TaTs are getting longer and longer....