• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Action Comics 28
4 4

14 posts in this topic

Found a reader copy of a personal grail of mine. I owned a copy of Action Comics 28 maybe 20+ years ago. Sold it along with a few other GA books to help pay for grad school, and this year I vowed to track down another copy. 

Picked one up on the bay for what I think is a steal... but it arrived today with a gouge on that front bottom corner. Looks like the damage was done with a dremel... the gouge is about 1/2" long and it goes through the first half of the book. 

Elsewhere, the book looks about G+/VG. Cover is attached; Centerfold is detached. Some chipping along the spine on the back cover. PQ looks about cream to OW. 

I think it's a nice reader copy considering it's 80+ years old... but I'm not crazy about that gouge. Wondering if this would dip below a 2.0.

IMG_8537.jpg

IMG_8538.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8542.jpg

IMG_8543.jpg

IMG_8544.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 5:34 PM, zzutak said:

Nope.  This is classic termite damage.  How certain am I?  Not 99%, 99.9%, or 99.99%, but 100%.  :foryou:

My first impression was some kind of critter…2.0