• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screwed by eBay, need new suggestions on where to sell comics
1 1

48 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 12:34 PM, intlnews said:

Tried to message MyComicShop and wanted to sell/list Amazing Spider-Man #2 CGC 7.0. They offered me less than half the actual value. Strange.  

I would think that would be something you either consign or put in one of their auctions.

On 10/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, ttfitz said:

I would think that would be something you either consign or put in one of their auctions.

Thought the same, but the rep only offered to purchase it at a ridiculous price.  Prob. either post the high end CGCs here or send it over to the place I cannot stand; Heritage (bunch of liars). There's also comiclink.  Ross thought it would sell close to 15k  few months ago. I may reach out to them.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, intlnews said:
On 10/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, ttfitz said:

Thought the same, but the rep only offered to purchase it at a ridiculous price.  Prob. either post the high end CGCs here or send it over to the place I cannot stand; Heritage (bunch of liars). There's also comiclink.  Ross thought it would sell close to 15k  few months ago. I may reach out to them.

You might want to check with Conan @mycomicshop but I would guess that if you asked for a purchase price, that's what they are going to give you. I know that I've gotten offers like that when I first look at sending them stuff, but once they get it they suggest which items might be better off under consignment - and I'm not talking about pricey stuff like your book.

As far as I know, if  you wanted to consign a $10 book at MCS and was willing to accept the minimum commission, they would do that.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:34 AM, intlnews said:

Tried to message MyComicShop and wanted to sell/list Amazing Spider-Man #2 CGC 7.0. They offered me less than half the actual value. Strange.  

Hi @intlnews

Did you call, email, or submit it on our web site? If you emailed, can you forward me a copy of one of the emails to conan@mycomicshop.com? Or if you called what was the name of the person you spoke to?

I would like to follow up and give you a better answer, but so far I haven't been able to find any records on our end of an offer being made recently for an ASM #2 CGC 7.0.

Looking at it myself, I'd offer $6500 for an ASM #2 CGC 7.0.

Or if you want to consign, just enter it here: https://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/consignmentquicksubmit

On 9/28/2021 at 11:15 AM, Darkseid of the Moon said:

That is why I takes pictures of the comic being sold and it being put it into the shipping box in case this happens.  And I take it to USPS for them to weigh it and get an actual receipt from USPS for proof.

Not trying to be rude but that really doesnt help anything with the picture taking.  Easy to take the pictures and still commit fraud.

USPS weighing does at least prove the box wasn't empty so I understand that.

On 10/2/2021 at 3:48 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Not trying to be rude but that really doesnt help anything with the picture taking.  Easy to take the pictures and still commit fraud.

USPS weighing does at least prove the box wasn't empty so I understand that.

I totally agree with the picture taking and still committing fraud statement.  I've been thinking about installing a video camera on a stand for exactly this reason.  Thanks!  Not rude at all!  Much appreciated! :idea: