• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why am I getting my books back so quick?
3 3

45 posts in this topic

I have no idea what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hired a 'new box opener', and for a couple days or weeks he/she was pulling from the wrong end of one rows and row of boxes, or similarly they hired a new 'box receiver' and that person was putting new package arrivals at the wrong end of the box piles.  Both could result in limited amounts of this happening.  Or CGC made a conscious decision to mix it up to keep customers guessing and possibly trick people into thinking they might 'get lucky'.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:31 PM, revat said:

I have no idea what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me if they hired a 'new box opener', and for a couple days or weeks he/she was pulling from the wrong end of one rows and row of boxes, or similarly they hired a new 'box receiver' and that person was putting new package arrivals at the wrong end of the box piles.  Both could result in limited amounts of this happening.  

I believe this could be true. It reminds me of something that happened in the firearm industry a while back. The process to get a firearm suppressor usually takes 10 months to a year for the ATF background checks and paperwork etc. There was an odd period where people were getting their paperwork back in a month or two and others still waiting and waiting. It was later confirmed that the ATF was training new data entry people and they simply where pulling from the wrong stack. 

You think you have problems...

Joey at CFP dropped off (YES CGC - DROPPED THEM OFF) 20 books including a high-grade ASM Annual #1 which is at least an 8.5

CGC now say they recieved them, BUT CANT FIND THEM.

How the holy heck do you lose 20 books inc a $15,000 book when they were HAND-DELIVERED and ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM

They have been lost for a month

@dena  Any chance of looking for the missing books - its not like Joey only drops off one or two a year

Absolutely abysmal.

• Administrator

Good morning,

Currently, CGC is testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier.  We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  

Thank you!

On 10/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Currently, CGC is testing out a new production process, the end goal of which is to speed up our overall service times for all departments.  During this testing phase, you may see some individual invoices being processed at a much faster rate than other invoices or the normal turnaround time for that tier.  We are hopeful that if this new process is successful after the testing phase, we can implement this on all submissions and tiers to dramatically improve all turnaround times.  

Thank you!

@Jennifer F.

Jennifer, does this include pressing as well?

Thank you!

On 10/12/2021 at 9:39 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you!

@Jennifer F. 

Will you tell us when the testing started?
When will the testing be finished?
Does this mean the other book submissions already received prior to -9/27/21 won’t be completed during the test?

Thanks

On 10/13/2021 at 12:39 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you!

Is this code for - yes I'm looking for your books?

Doesn't sound like it @Jennifer F.

On 10/10/2021 at 10:02 PM, Beige said:

You think you have problems...

Joey at CFP dropped off (YES CGC - DROPPED THEM OFF) 20 books including a high-grade ASM Annual #1 which is at least an 8.5

CGC now say they recieved them, BUT CANT FIND THEM.

How the holy heck do you lose 20 books inc a $15,000 book when they were HAND-DELIVERED and ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM

They have been lost for a month

@dena  Any chance of looking for the missing books - its not like Joey only drops off one or two a year

Absolutely abysmal.

Have they found your books?

On 10/28/2021 at 6:34 AM, Jordysnordy said:

Have they found your books?

No

They have promised to give Joey G an update this week.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:08 PM, Sgtmjwilson said:

I think CGC will be improving turn around times for book that do not restore and all that fancy stuff and if they are "modern" age. 

I had some "Standard" submission books from Silver/Bronze that came back surprisingly fast.  Like, REALLY fast.  Meanwhile, I have moderns from June I'm still waiting on.