• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NYCC 2021 original art
3 3

77 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2021 at 10:33 PM, MOStateSuperman said:

oof. Well, that’s embarrassing.

BC frames it as a misleading seller but we have heard here that Albert was upfront in what it was all along.  Cates is embarrassed if he deleted everything, why not just say "oops" and own up to your enthusiasm.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:19 PM, Bronty said:

Cates is coming off naive, but hey, we all make mistakes.   We don't usually post them on instagram, I guess.

Wait until he stumbles across Lee's old ads!

On 10/11/2021 at 4:58 PM, Varanis said:

I was shocked when I saw the images of it on Albert's wall at NYCC - I wouldn't expect such a prestigious piece to be sold any where other than auction.

Moot point now, but when I first saw the pic in the other thread, I was floored, too. But then, why would it be presented on the bottom row, tucked in the corner like it was 1986? Immediately after I felt that there was something off about it. In other words, that should’ve been a tip off. 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:26 PM, Varanis said:

I heard $10,000 but I'm not certain. Whatever the price was, it would have been a give away to most here it wasn't the original - not too hard to imagine someone less informed on the OA market thinking it was the real deal though.

Albert keeps much higher value items in the portfolios on the table.  Odd for him to keep such a "low" value item on the wall.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, MAR1979 said:

Albert keeps much higher value items in the portfolios on the table.  Odd for him to keep such a "low" value item on the wall.

I don’t think Albert cares about value, rather eye catchingness. If I remember correctly, the Silver Surfer recreation was $7,500 or there about, but he had it at the top of his wall because when you walk by you see it and definitely want to go look. 

On 10/13/2021 at 9:01 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I don’t think Albert cares about value, rather eye catchingness. If I remember correctly, the Silver Surfer recreation was $7,500 or there about, but he had it at the top of his wall because when you walk by you see it and definitely want to go look. 

The Buscema SS 1 colored recreation?

Yeah he’s asking 50k on that. :tonofbricks:

On 10/14/2021 at 7:59 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Ugh how did I screw up that price. Sorry!

Albert does put up some Eye catching pieces but it not common for him to "only" add a 10k piece to his wall. Unless we go back in time 10 years.

a66cc8243fee64420b789f27122e654952b933f4-1.jpg

f3221b7e8ee90008ee3f4d5ea97f46e74a197a62-1.jpg

Edited by MAR1979