• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a bug around my comics slabs.
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 5:53 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah that is what I was thinking as well.  Cheers my friend

No worries my friend.  If you had a thousand of em that would be a whole other problem.  1 is not a problem. 

On 10/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, oakman29 said:
On 10/10/2021 at 5:47 PM, Wolverinex said:

@oakman29 since you are an expert.  The slab is pristine.  Do i need to wipe it with anything or just forget about it.  I'm not to worried about flies

No need to wipe anything down. Maybe the seller lives in a very humid area where flies were prevalent,  and one got in as he was packing your stuff. 

It probably just fell out of his nose while packing the book.

Not sure what is worse, this or the time there was post about some eBay seller who decided he liked to take pics of his books in the buff without cropping out his "junk". I think the maggot is bigger...

On 10/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yes it's the only one. I just took it out and dumped it in the woods nearby.

In case the actual item wasn't identified, I wouldn't dump anything of unknown origin into the wild. You could originate an infestation that could start wiping out the local fauna and threaten local crops / the environment that would be hard to contain.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:25 PM, sckao said:

In case the actual item wasn't identified, I wouldn't dump anything of unknown origin into the wild. You could originate an infestation that could start wiping out the local fauna and threaten local crops / the environment that would be hard to contain.

That's probably true. I guess I just wasn't thinking when I saw it. I'll be sure to remember the next time...How much damage did I do? @oakman29

Edited by Wolverinex

On 10/11/2021 at 12:12 PM, Wolverinex said:

That's probably true. I guess I just wasn't thinking when I saw it. I'll be sure to remember the next time...How much damage did I do? @oakman29

The sentiment is valid, but we aren't talking about a invasive plant or fungus, or a mating pair.

Very dubious a single fly larvae will impact anything dramatically 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:12 AM, Wolverinex said:

You are fine. I'm sure there are plenty of house flies in all areas of the country. 😉👍

On 10/10/2021 at 3:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Got a pack of comics sent to me and found this little guy wrapped up in a slab. 

Could have been worse.

Weiner bang discussion starts here.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:33 PM, oakman29 said:

I've seen this happen in real time, really goes quickly.  Just think one day our own bodies will be this way too! The circle of life.

I have instructed my wife to leave my carcass out for the coyotes. I'm hoping she is as proficient with a pillow as she claims she is...,

On 10/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, lizards2 said:

I have instructed my wife to leave my carcass out for the coyotes. I'm hoping she is as proficient with a pillow as she claims she is...,

It's nice to see others are threatened in the same way as I am