• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
9 9

509 posts in this topic

Chirpy Cricket nn
Part of the  1947 Talking Komics series, earliest  record/comic  combination  I've heard of so far. ALSO, first time I've  seen one of them. NO record. 
Nice VG or so,  cardstock cover. 

Asking  $15 for the weird funnybook,  :D 

6nfQBJf.jpg

Robin Hood Tales 7
First  DC  issue

Another one of those relatively scarce oddball  mid-50's  DC titles.
Chip out  RH edge FC,  included with the book (don't ask, lol) light dogears lower  RH FC, ditto  lower  LH BC, minor general wear. 
Flat and tight,  glossy,  white pages

Asking  $35

QW0qn0F.jpg

Justice 42

Tiny split lower spine,  dogears  RH edge FC,  some general wear.  Small tear,  bit of chipping  BC. Flat and tight, offwhite pages.

Asking  $15  SOLD!

0rAY0fb.jpg

Edited by catrick339

First Love 58

Chip out  lower spine, small tear FC at upper staple, small tear upper edge  BC, chip out lower edge. 
Flat, tight,  glossy,  white pages. 

Asking $10  SOLD!

2ytUUWF.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/19/2021 at 8:32 PM, speedcake said:

dangit! That's what I get for helping my wife set up her webcam...

Depends on what she's filming. (Waggles eyebrows like Groucho)

Frontier Fighters 3
More obscure 50's  DC!

Touch of stacking  roll,  small dogears,   minor general wear. Tight, clean, offwhite pages.

Rerun  from  a previous thread, asking  $25  SOLD!

nHRZZu0.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Justice 51

Nicest of the four issues going up tonight,   some  light  vertical creasing along  spine FC,  but of soiling along 
spine  BC,  minor  general wear.  Black cover displays  quite nicely. Tight spine and CF, glossy,  white pages.

Asking  $35  SOLD!

1zIgT9z.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/19/2021 at 8:50 PM, catrick339 said:

Justice 51

Nicest of the four issues going up tonight,   some  light  vertical creasing along  spine FC,  but of soiling along 
spine  BC,  minor  general wear.  Black cover displays  quite nicely. Tight spine and CF, glossy,  white pages.

Asking  $35

1zIgT9z.jpg

Take

All right Kids,  we're halfway through  tonight's stack.  I'm going to take a few minutes to get my one hardcover of the evening listed. 

The Mote In God's  Eye,  by Larry Niven and Jerry  Pournelle, 1974 
First of several collaborations between the two  authors,  including  the sequel,  The Gripping  Hand. 
One of the BEST  science  fiction novels I've  read,   straight out  of the hard science side of things, HIGHLY recommended. 
This is the first edition,  second  print,  and if  it was a first print  I'd be asking   $750 or  $1000 for it.  As is,  my price is  

$300

for  a gorgeous copy.  Dust jacket is  clean  with no more than  a faint whiff of wear.  Book is  as-new.  Pix from  my phone are coming, but  
I do my real typing on the full sized keyboard.  My pricing is  FIRM,  I really  would like to  put  this one on my own bookshelves,  at least 
for a while.  a HC of  The Gripping  Hand  already lives there,  with several other titles  by the pair. 
Pix coming  in   just a few seconds,  refresh a couple times,  they'll be  there for you shortly. 

20211019_195610.jpg

20211019_195620.jpg

20211019_195656.jpg

20211019_195747.jpg

20211019_195817.jpg

20211019_195832.jpg

20211019_195930.jpg

Edited by catrick339