• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
9 9

509 posts in this topic

Amazing Adventures 14
Fourth  gray hairy  Beast

Bit of general wear,  dogear lower  RH FC, tight with white pages

Sharp lower grade for $5

MrL9W1w.jpg

Captain America 
Sentinel Of Liberty
1979, Fireside Books, first printing

As-new  condition,   flat,  square,  bright,  glossy,  white pages. There's  a small black  mark on the bottom edge near spine, 
I'm assuming it  was  remaindered at  one time,  but otherwise  it's altogether sharp.

Asking  $40,  FIRM

admzVfG.jpg

Last item for the evening.  Not bronze,  but was too weird not  to  toss on the stack. 

Junior Birdmen Standard Aviation Dictionary,  1935
Started in 1934 by William Randolph  Hearst of all people,  and promoted in all his  newspapers,  it was an avaition
club for kids.   Obviously  by 1935 it was  making good  money,  this is a well printed,  well produced book. 

By the  end of World War II  it was  a dead issue,  but  it spawned  a song  that lasted at least until I learned
it  circa 1960.  That's some legs for a kids club that didn't run ten years.

*offkey warble*  Up in the air Junior  Birdmen!

Hardcover,  36 pages, printed on  creamy  high stock paper,  bound  to  last  a long time. 
This one has  some  water stains FC,  bit of wear along  spine,  otherwise flat and tight. 

I tweaked  the scan a bit,  it  came through  quite dark and  is a nice maroon in hand. I'll post a FC scan and come back in  underneath
with interior photographs. 

Asking  $10 for  a quirky little book  SOLD!

eyohdvL.jpg

20211018_164843.jpg

20211018_164934.jpg

20211018_165004.jpg

20211018_165030.jpg

20211018_165057.jpg

Edited by catrick339

On 10/18/2021 at 8:21 PM, catrick339 said:

Last item for the evening.  Not bronze,  but was too weird not  to  toss on the stack. 

Junior Birdmen Stand Aviation Dictionary,  1935
Started in 1934 by William Randolph  Hearst of all people,  and promoted in all his  newspapers,  it was an avaition
club for kids.   Obviously  by 1935 it was  making good  money,  this is a well printed,  well produced book. 

By the  end of World War II  it was  a dead issue,  but  it spawned  a song  that lasted at least until I learned
it  circa 1960.  That's some legs for a kids club that didn't run ten years.

*offkey warble*  Up in the air Junior  Birdmen!

Hardcover,  36 pages, printed on  creamy  high stock paper,  bound  to  last  a long time. 
This one has  some  water stains FC,  bit of wear along  spine,  otherwise flat and tight. 

I tweaked  the scan a bit,  it  came through  quite dark and  is a nice maroon in hand. I'll post a FC scan and come back in  underneath
with interior photographs. 

Asking  $10 for  a quirky little book

eyohdvL.jpg

20211018_164843.jpg

20211018_164934.jpg

20211018_165004.jpg

20211018_165030.jpg

20211018_165057.jpg

Take

Take

On 10/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, catrick339 said:

Our Gang 10
Walt Kelly,   Carl Barks.

Little dogear upper LH BC, another lower LH,  chip upper LH FC,  touch of general wear.  
Attractive clean copy,  tight spine and CF, good gloss,  offwhite - white pages. 

Rerun from  at least two previous threads,  let's  MOVE this baby!

Asking  $30

CvjpCML.jpg