• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim lee signing
4 4

110 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2022 at 12:21 AM, rexinnih said:

Got mine back finally. Happy with the X-Men 1 (9.8) but bummed the X-Men 4 went from CGC 9.6 to 9.2 with "light stain on top of back cover." First time I've had a slabbed book come back lower after pressing. 

X-Men 1 91.jpg

X-Men 4.jpg

Was there any visible damage to justify the downgrade?

On 1/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, topedaddy said:

The Bad:  I submit 13-15 Blank cover variants a year for signature and sketchs, never have I had one come back less than a 9.8.  I clean, press etc.... before sending them out.  This one came back a 9.4, with NO grader comments!  Will be asking CGC what they were shortly.

Glad that tactic worked for you so far, but it would be optimal is the pressing was done after someone handled your comic and sketched on it then passed it back to people. I'm surprised they all came back 9.8 before. And CGC doesn't give grader notes at 9.4 level, so asking them wont change anything. They don't exist.

On 1/10/2022 at 9:51 PM, LudaToke said:

Was there any visible damage to justify the downgrade?

To my untrained eye don't see anything. Realize we sign the waiver when submitting but I'll get over it. I've benefitted from good bumps in CCS pressing so just one set back is expected. 

On 1/14/2022 at 11:29 AM, wiparker824 said:

My book (CCS Pressing + Jim Lee sig only) that's been in GEI for weeks has now made it to Grading/QC... so that's something. 

Mine shipped today, not going to complain with the 9.8 but it did seem odd to me as it states mine was “signed by Jim Lee on 12/4” and all the images you all have been posting have been signed in early November… guess they had multiple signing dates? 

On 1/18/2022 at 12:53 PM, wiparker824 said:

Mine shipped today, not going to complain with the 9.8 but it did seem odd to me as it states mine was “signed by Jim Lee on 12/4” and all the images you all have been posting have been signed in early November… guess they had multiple signing dates? 

That looks to be the case.  Mine was a November 1, 2021 signing so that is why it is already back.  I have had that happen with other Signature Series events (the signing is broken up into more than one day).

What are you waiting to get back? Signature? Remarque? Sketch?  Just curious and like seeing what everyone else got back.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:43 AM, LudaToke said:

That looks to be the case.  Mine was a November 1, 2021 signing so that is why it is already back.  I have had that happen with other Signature Series events (the signing is broken up into more than one day).

What are you waiting to get back? Signature? Remarque? Sketch?  Just curious and like seeing what everyone else got back.

Just a Jim Lee sig for this one.

On 1/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, wiparker824 said:

Hooray! Mine finally shipped as well! Says it was signed on 11/1. It was a single book with just Jim’s signature.

X-Men from the early 90’s and Jim Lee are what really got me into comics as a kid, so getting my X-Men #1 is a childhood dream come true for me. It’s one of those nostalgia pieces in my personal collection that might not be worth a ton of money, but it’s one I’ll probably never let go of.

Side note: If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, pick up Jim Lee’s X-Men Artist’s Edition published by IDW. It’s insane.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:50 PM, kalanye said:

Hooray! Mine finally shipped as well! Says it was signed on 11/1. It was a single book with just Jim’s signature.

X-Men from the early 90’s and Jim Lee are what really got me into comics as a kid, so getting my X-Men #1 is a childhood dream come true for me. It’s one of those nostalgia pieces in my personal collection that might not be worth a ton of money, but it’s one I’ll probably never let go of.

Side note: If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, pick up Jim Lee’s X-Men Artist’s Edition published by IDW. It’s insane.

Which cover did you get signed?  I like the Beast and Magneto ones.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:21 PM, LudaToke said:

Which cover did you get signed?  I like the Beast and Magneto ones.

I got the “deluxe” cover (the one with the double gatefold with all the variant art). I babied that thing when I was kid thinking it was something ultra special and ultra rare. Little did I know how many millions and millions of copies it actually sold 😂.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, jomayn333 said:

Finally have a shipped notification  on my submission. Sent in two copies of Batman 608 (2nd print) for triple signature. I had both pressed. One is marked as 9.4 white, the other 9.6 white. No grader notes. Once I get them, I'll look them over.

Mine shipped today! 

E747592A-6A2D-49EA-B8E3-F47DCEFF4986.jpeg

On 1/11/2022 at 12:55 PM, RobMadoo said:

Mine came in today! I asked for wolverine with mask and claws. So happy! 😆

AE2E00F6-0528-4CCC-A8C3-C23F325B62A4.jpeg

That's a nice score. Fills up the cover; not some puny drawing. And the sig pops in red. That's worth every penny. Now, is this a sketch or marque? I'm not clear on what the difference is.