• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

339 posts in this topic

On 1/24/2024 at 5:24 PM, D84 said:

That's abysmal. Who's designing these posters?

I'd have to agree. Dune is one of those movies that you could have really gone outside the box and done something special - not necessarily a Drew Struzan-type poster, but expand the imagination a bit, work in the abstract and use Arrakis as your inspiration. I would have thought some creative interpretations would have actually helped the overall branding of the movie - and the title 'Dune Part Two' would have been all you needed to connect the viewer to the marketing aspect.

These posters are very sanitary, typical hollywood poster tripe with floating heads of the actors.

Edited by Dr. Balls

I guess I'll just have to be patient to get good seats at Lincoln Square.  I want to see it as soon as possible, but don't want to waste a viewing on an inferior screen. Although they have a couple of very very nice theaters there apart from the 70mm Imax mega experience. 

‘Dune: Part Two’ First Reactions Praise Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Spectacular’ Sequel: ‘Jaw-Dropping’ and Among the ‘Greatest Sci-Fi Movies Ever’

Denis Villeneuve‘s “Dune: Part Two” has finally been unveiled and film journalists are showering the highly-anticipated sequel with praise for its incredible ensemble cast, breathtaking visual effects and more. The film, which follow’s 2021’s “Dune,” is being called “masterful,” “damn impressive” and full of battle scenes that rival Peter Jackson’s “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.”

“‘Dune: Part Two‘ is damn impressive,” wrote The Playlist’s Gregory Ellwood. “Villeneuve crafts some truly VISIONARY moments. Austin Butler gives a truly transformative performance (and not talking makeup either). Very moving ending. A wee bit long? Yes. Did I forget I saw it the next day? Yes. Still, gonna be massive.”

Inverse editor Hoai-Tran Bui called the film “a triumph,” adding: “Even more immense than the first, but much more intimate — Denis Villeneuve manages to streamline the more alienating second half of the book into a riveting, action-packed epic. TWO TOWERS-level mastery of battle sequences. Zendaya is the star.”