• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

332 posts in this topic

I'll pass.  Didn't care that much for the first one and I already have a strong dislike for the tendency to break things into multiple movies now.  Hobbit into three movies is probably the worst offender yet.  But in this case Dune Parts 1 and 2 probably could have combined for a good 3 hour movie but they had to go this route.  (Also still quite like the David Lynch one.)

On 11/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, Poekaymon said:

I'll pass.  Didn't care that much for the first one and I already have a strong dislike for the tendency to break things into multiple movies now.  Hobbit into three movies is probably the worst offender yet.  But in this case Dune Parts 1 and 2 probably could have combined for a good 3 hour movie but they had to go this route.  (Also still quite like the David Lynch one.)

Wow, really? I was actually shocked how much I liked it! It’s a bit unconventional, it’s a bit uncomfortable, and it’s a bit awkward. 

This feels so different than what else is available right now.

I humbly disagree, this movie could not have been squished into 1 movie. David Lynch’s movie is literally the prime example of why. The last 30 minutes in that movie are rushed and tonally different than the rest of the movie 

That last trailer was incredible.

I think it was a good idea that this movie was split up. The David Lynch film felt way too rushed, and there is so much that happens in the book that it seemed necessary to make multiple films so that it could all be included. 

I want to see the second part of this movie more than ever...

...but I'm still not going to a theater to see it. lol

Can't wait for this to come out on streaming!

On 1/2/2024 at 6:13 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I want to see the second part of this movie more than ever...

...but I'm still not going to a theater to see it. lol

Can't wait for this to come out on streaming!

The big event films deserve the big screen viewing experience.

On 1/1/2024 at 2:03 PM, Microchip said:

The big event films deserve the big screen viewing experience.

If you have an imax where you are at, I would agree!