• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

336 posts in this topic

4/5. Strong film. I didn't think that Dune could be properly adapted.

Spoiler

For those who have seen it, did you find the ending abrupt?  I read the book back in high school ( along time ago), but I thought that the ending was a more natural conclusion.  I'll be interested to see what they do with Dune Messiah.

I thought that the depiction of Feyd-Rautha was one of the weakest aspects of a very strong cinematic experience.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:26 PM, piper said:

4/5. Strong film. I didn't think that Dune could be properly adapted.

Reveal hidden contents

For those who have seen it, did you find the ending abrupt?  I read the book back in high school ( along time ago), but I thought that the ending was a more natural conclusion.  I'll be interested to see what they do with Dune Messiah.

I thought that the depiction of Feyd-Rautha was one of the weakest aspects of a very strong cinematic experience.

I think at that point in the story they needed to cut it off. Paul had accomplished that part of his story - with the revenge he desired.

Spoiler

Now on to the jihad against the other houses.

As far as Feyd...

Spoiler

I was okay with his portrayal as yet another spawn of the Bene Gesserit plans of conquest and control.

It was a fantastic experience all around.

Denis Villeneuve‘s “Dune: Part Two” has arrived, making a mighty $12 million in previews at the box office from more than 3,400 theaters. Big-screen Imax showings made up $4.5 million of that huge haul.

Warner Bros. and Legendary’s epic sci-fi sequel is projected to make between $70 million and $80 million in its opening weekend, with some estimates even putting it at the $90 million mark. A debut that big would make it the largest movie opening since last October’s horror hit “Five Nights at Freddy’s,” which launched with $80 million.

Congrats to Timothee Chalomet for having the # 1 (Dune 2) and # 8 (Wonka) films at the box office this weekend.

Dude really is this generation's DiCaprio.

On 3/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Congrats to Timothee Chalomet for having the # 1 (Dune 2) and # 8 (Wonka) films at the box office this weekend.

Dude really is this generation's DiCaprio.

not to mention: WB's 4th, 8th and 11th highest post-pandemic BO draws (#'s made up, too much work to actually check)

Oh the professional box office reporting professional potential the world is missing out on due to people being 'forum experts' and nothing else but that.

I can hear that song playing already...

tragedy-bee-gees.gif.f4ab7b6821fbe38bc11163ebfb213e87.gif

Not a movie review, but interesting article from the BBC on Herbert's early experiences that shaped his concepts in the novel. I did not know anything about his background, so this was all new to me

https://bbc.com/future/article/20240229-dune-part-two-the-oregon-sands-that-inspired-frank-herberts-arrakis