• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will CGC possibly expand the non sports card sets that they accept for grading?

12 posts in this topic

Hello PMs,

I apologize if this topic has been posted before; but as your affiliate CSG grows more in popularity a large group of collectors that are now using CSG for their sports cards are also looking for someone to send their non sports cards too.  At the moment, I see that CGC grades Pokemon and MTG. Is there a possible timeline when CGC could expand the sets they grade? Such as vintage non-sport Tobacco cards or popular non sport sets from Bowman, Goudey, GUM, Topps etc.

Thank you!

• Administrator

Should be by the end of the year. But none of those planned so far are the ones you listed. They are more gaming-oriented cards. 

Paul

Thank you for the reply Paul.  If there is any internal "things to work on next list" I would appreciate an entry for vintage non-sport cards. Many collectors are looking for an alternative to PSA and at the moment SGC is our only true option. With your sister company CSG getting more recognition amongst collectors it would be a good move to provide those same collectors and outlet to send their non gaming, non sports cards. 

Thanks again!

• Administrator
On 10/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, harsc0 said:

will yugioh and duel masters be able to be graded?

We will be making an announcement soon.

Paul

On 11/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, PaulS. said:

Maybe. :)

cmonnnnnnnn lol:p 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, PaulS. said:

It is still being worked on, but progress is definitely being made. It will not be a simple query tool, it will be a full-fledged pop report similar to the one on ngccoin.com.

Thank you,

Paul

On 12/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, Michael Ledon said:

i think it's smart for cgc to hold off (for the moment) on other tcg brands. since, turnaround times might drastically increase for ALL submissions. I'm kinda content with their 5 month turnaround time and would not want that increased. what do you all think?

Agreed - I think they also need some WELL NEEDED things, like finishing their pop-reports before expanding to other things...