• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dear CGC....
4 4

38 posts in this topic

On 11/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, sckao said:

Lol. That looks like someone was playing political games with the code. (It's someone's initials.)

Someone either had access to the backend code or left their workstation unattended.

(Simple HTML code fix... Possible disgruntled person.)

It's been there quite a while (i.e., since before the last presidential election) but yeah, that obvious coincidence did cross my mind.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

I'm not sure what happened to everyone's join date and post count.  

It would be wonderful if they could come back. It seems to me this happened once before after an update, but I might be mistaken.

If you mouse over it, the post count is still there. It's just cleaner... so I assume they are cleaning up the interface. Was the Kudos link always there as well?

If you mouse over the name/avatar, the join date is in the profile... So maybe that's an interface decision to equalize the members based on the other discussion threads going on.

Edited by sckao

On 11/3/2021 at 2:01 PM, Pontoon said:

Mouse over the avatar and the join date is there, too. Meh. I still prefer being able to see both at a glance without having to mouse over or click anything.

Good catch but yes, having both right there is better IMO too.

• Administrator

So the techs are saying:  

"There isn't a block on Google Indexing of the sites.  Are there any examples that you can provide so the team can investigate?"

Does anyone have any examples I can share with them? 

On 11/4/2021 at 7:04 PM, CGC Mike said:

So the techs are saying:  

"There isn't a block on Google Indexing of the sites.  Are there any examples that you can provide so the team can investigate?"

Try googling any boardie made thread and see what comes up!

Not the pinned threads nor the ones by cgc, but boardie participation, the pgm forum would be the most abundant

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, CGC Mike said:

I'm not sure what happened to everyone's join date and post count.  

Or con pic threads such as fan expo Dallas, 2021, that is moocs from the con.... ahem not the event thread over in that part of the thread...

It was in comics general... etc

It's too selective results that matter, and nothing pertinent after the first 2 results, that aren't what we're looking for lol

On 11/4/2021 at 8:04 PM, CGC Mike said:

So the techs are saying:  

Tell them to look at this file: https://www.cgccomics.com/robots.txt

User-agent: AhrefsBot
Disallow: /

user-agent: *
disallow: /boards/*

This file is telling all search engines to not index /boards and any other URLs following. What I'm not sure of is if the switch to boards.cgccomics.com will change that but it will take some time for Google to check again.

• Administrator
On 11/4/2021 at 8:25 PM, universal soldier said:

Tell them to look at this file: https://www.cgccomics.com/robots.txt

User-agent: AhrefsBot
Disallow: /

user-agent: *
disallow: /boards/*

This file is telling all search engines to not index /boards and any other URLs following. What I'm not sure of is if the switch to boards.cgccomics.com will change that but it will take some time for Google to check again.

Thank you.  I have pasted it into the e-mail.  I will hold off on sending to see if any other helpful info is posted.  

On 11/4/2021 at 8:38 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you.  I have pasted it into the e-mail.  I will hold off on sending to see if any other helpful info is posted.  

I would like your post if I could :)