• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Tatties
3 3

19 posts in this topic

Here's two more.

Both of these were my uncle's. I grew up with them as they were in a box of comicbooks and coloring books and activities meant for the grandkids at the old farmhouse. Late Bronze and Copper books were added to this box as we read comics as kids. Later, in my teens, I was visiting the grandparents and recognized these issues as minor keys. I took them home with me and they've been part of my collection for over 30 years. I've never been interested in upgrading them.

Iron Man 1.jpg

Thor 165.jpg

Last one from the SA.

Spine is mostly split and the cover is detached. I've had it over 30 years and it's always had the worse acidic smell. I doubt I've ever looked at it more than a handful of times.

962162523_AmazingSpider-Man011.thumb.jpg.436dc66f768dbd3495d65ace9bd1c79b.jpg

The FF1 takes the prize! I love that it even has a nickname. Shame it has interior damage too but it's a survivor. The iron man and Thor, I like that you aren't tempted to upgrade them. So long as it's readable and recognisable (and won't transmit anything nasty to the other books,) it takes its place in the collection. The Spidey 11 presents ok. It's their origin (as in how the comic came to be in your collection) that makes them special too. Such an important part of collecting, for me. (Although I am also enjoying picking up as many Gene Day MOKFs as I can right now. I stopped collecting for a while and missed them at the time.)

Edited by LowGradeBronze

On 11/1/2021 at 2:51 AM, innocuous said:

After the first post, I was thinking this thread is for my entire SA keys collection. But then I saw the FF1 from @grendelbo and realized I don't play in the same playground. 

ff1-front.thumb.jpg.9344f4ee39b4c07b5169ba521bd5a533.jpg

It's not so much about the playground as when you get home and wipe your feet!