• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2021 at 12:25 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

And you don't know that. He'll come and tell us if either of us are wrong, I'm sure.

Yes and thats why I said 'I suspect' and did not make a claim for knowing Mike's proclivities, as you did.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, kav said:

Yes and thats why I said 'I suspect' and did not make a claim for knowing Mike's proclivities, as you did.

I didn't. I just repeated what he had already made clear in the thread. 

On 11/14/2021 at 8:25 PM, kav said:

^This.  If Mike didnt like doo-doo jokes marwood woud be **** out of luck, for example.

Point to them. Point to this proliferation of doo-doo jokes that I make Kav.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Point to them. Point to this proliferation of doo-doo jokes that I make Kav.

So I'm supposed to spend hours going thru your posts over the years?  Not gonna happen.  Sure you dont make them as often as TWSS, but it's a known type of joke youre fond of making.

On 11/14/2021 at 12:30 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I didn't. I just repeated what he had already made clear in the thread. 

Mike has not made clear that he himself find the TWSS jokes offensive.  He may.  But you cannot speak for him on this as you are doing.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:35 AM, oakman29 said:

No I dont think it's too much to ask. I have never posted that ever. I think it can be childish, but it is a slippery slope. In the large scheme of things it is your message board, and if I want to remain here I must abide.  (Probably a run on sentence, sorry)

At least its a sentence!
@Comics4All

On 11/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, kav said:

So I'm supposed to spend hours going thru your posts over the years?  Not gonna happen.  Sure you dont make them as often as TWSS, but it's a known type of joke youre fond of making.

Exactly. I don't do it often enough for it to be a thing. I search "TWSS" and you come up 108 times. That's the difference here. 

On 11/14/2021 at 8:39 PM, kav said:

Mike has not made clear that he himself find the TWSS jokes offensive.  He may.  But you cannot speak for him on this as you are doing.

At no point have I said that Mike finds it offensive. If I have, point to it. And repeating what Mike has said is not speaking for him. It's repeating what he said. He can speak from this point though if he has anything more to say over and above what he already has. I've made my views clear enough.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, kav said:

giphy-9.gif

On 11/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Whether it's many or a handful that find it annoying, Mike is one of them and he's asked for it to stop. 

here ya go.

I used the word offensive-I should have said annoying.  I have to admit I ws wrong here-he has pretty much said the phrase is annoying him.

On 11/14/2021 at 8:49 PM, kav said:

here ya go.

Annoying isn't offensive. Racism is offensive. Repetition is annoying. 

Kav, have the last word if it's that important to you, with your next response. You're tearing the arse out if it, in my view, so I've nothing more to add. 

On 11/14/2021 at 12:56 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Annoying isn't offensive. Racism is offensive. Repetition is annoying. 

Kav, have the last word if it's that important to you, with your next response. You're tearing the arse out if it, in my view, so I've nothing more to add. 

see above

On 11/14/2021 at 2:20 PM, kav said:

And why does this forum 'have to attract more women'?  Do knitting or jewelry forums seek to 'attract more men'?  Cant people just be interested in what they are interested in without trying to constantly fill quotas?

I'm not a fan of quotas, but personally, I think it would be nice to have more than 1 or 2 people who are not male, maybe a small percentage, like 5 or 10 %..

I do want to point out that when you arrived here, you made a comment about women not collecting comics.. I think you changed since then, but these statements are similar.

As to your above statements, I'll counter with 2 of my own. On eBay whenever I went to ask something in the jewelry forum, most of the people there were men. Most of the shop owner's who sell jewelry around where I live seem to be men. 

When I taught needle crafts, there was a higher percentage of men than you'd expect.

I only took a minute to look, but Rosie Grier, Ryan Gosling, David Arguette, Cary Grant, Anthony Anderson, Tom Daley, Christopher Walken, shepards, fishermen, lots more guys do needlecrafts.  

On 11/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

As to your above statements, I'll counter with 2 of my own. On eBay whenever I went to ask something in the jewelry forum, most of the people there were men. Most of the shop owner's who sell jewelry around where I live seem to be men. 

Probably for high dollar jewelry and gems but enhancers and whatnot ask @Buzzetta who his customers are.  Most gemologists are indeed women however.  

On 11/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, sckao said:

I suspect most of us don't actually say anything when another thread gets hijacked into some sort of quasi-private, irrelevant, in-joke conversation. We just get annoyed, tune you out, close the browser window, and get on with life.  (shrug)

You don't actually have to engage to check your submissions status.

everyone here tunes out things that annoy them.  I tune out doo-doo jokes.  thats fine.  doesnt mean there's a problem.

Edited by kav

On 11/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, BuriedUnderComics! said:

More lies from Kav :eyeroll:

someone was impersonating you on the ditch board.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, skypinkblu said:

I'm not a fan of quotas, but personally, I think it would be nice to have more than 1 or 2 people who are not male, maybe a small percentage, like 5 or 10 %..

I do want to point out that when you arrived here, you made a comment about women not collecting comics.. I think you changed since then, but these statements are similar.

When I taught needle crafts, there was a higher percentage of men than you'd expect.

I only took a minute to look, but Rosie Grier, Ryan Gosling, David Arguette, Cary Grant, Anthony Anderson, Tom Daley, Christopher Walken, shepards, fishermen, lots more guys do needlecrafts.  

Ps maybe I'm wrong abt jewelry or knitting forums-insert some forum that is almost excusively female instead.  Is ther any need to 'attract more men'?