• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 12:10 AM, Logan510 said:

If you go into someones house and they ask you to take off your shoes do you impertinently refuse and just do whatever you want?

tantrum-ruining-the-couch-1.gif.1d858df48ba1e80179e1e9330abae5b4.gif

On 11/15/2021 at 1:03 AM, Galen130 said:

I still have both seasons on DVD.  My wife doesn’t care for them, but I laugh at those like I do Mel Brooks or Monty Python.

E80752B0-A905-4C83-9102-E78967C32786.webp

C8E75F15-7535-48A9-9E70-E77B95349B13.gif

I think one of my favorite shows from Dave was his appearance on Inside The Actors Studio with James Lipton...

Spoiler

411RycwgSjL.jpg.7bd6adbc84c168dfd966d6fe0f15ee03.jpg

On 11/14/2021 at 12:59 PM, skypinkblu said:

Occasional repetition is no big deal. Phil's parking lot or three fifty (although I'm not quite certain why that one is funny) are not repeated quite as often.

"Tree fiddy" is a South Park reference. You may have to see the episode(s) to 'get it'.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Syntax.

Can we just have a board function that limits the number and frequency of posts from anyone, or can be turned on for users that really push the envelope consistently, just enough to test the boundaries or the rules, and often the boundaries of patience and good taste to the point they generate backlash and controversy that has nothing to do with comics? Then said poster would have to use their metered allotment a little more wisely.  Anyone that posts more than 10-20 times a day outside of the sales board should be automatically a candidate for "that's spamming the boards" and put on a meter.

Edited by MyNameIsLegion

• Administrator
On 11/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, D84 said:

All this came from asking us to cut back on "that's what she said?"

Anyone else feel like they are trapped in a sociology experiment?

I am currently working on this weeks experiment.  

On 11/15/2021 at 9:01 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am currently working on this weeks experiment.  

Is it a comic collector's personal hygiene poll?  

The collector's diet to the superhero body you dream of?

Reality versus fantasy - Cosplay costumes that you really should be dressed up in?

On 11/15/2021 at 7:27 AM, blazingbob said:

Is it a comic collector's personal hygiene poll?  

The collector's diet to the superhero body you dream of?

Reality versus fantasy - Cosplay costumes that you really should be dressed up in?

I'm traumatized already

On 11/15/2021 at 7:44 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Can we just have a board function that limits the number and frequency of posts from anyone, or can be turned on for users that really push the envelope consistently, just enough to test the boundaries or the rules, and often the boundaries of patience and good taste to the point they generate backlash and controversy that has nothing to do with comics? Then said poster would have to use their metered allotment a little more wisely.  Anyone that posts more than 10-20 times a day outside of the sales board should be automatically a candidate for "that's spamming the boards" and put on a meter.

giphy-downsized-large.gif.abefc9fa0a8d662278dc91229eb84bd7.gif